CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Custom field in Call request Form

• 1.  Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 05:39 AM

Hi All,

I have a customer that is using a competitive help Desk System and I have to create a Demo of SDM based on their needs.

Based on there requirements I need to do the following :

Instead of typing the affected End user name / or Requestor name in order to start with the creation of an incident, they are using a unique for each user "Client ID"

When they type the "Client ID" then the form auto fill all details for the user accosiated with this ID. (As we are doing it when we type the "Requester).

Does anyone know how we can do that ?

Thanks In Advance

Angeliki

• 2.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 07:56 AM

Hi,

this is just theory but might work:

- add new attribute to contact table (cnt) and call it z_clientid, type: string(32);

- add common_name="z_clientid" to your dtlLookup:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="requested_by" attr="requested_by" evt="onChange=\\\"backfill_cnt_event()\\\"" common_name="z_clientid">

Now you can input Requestor by Client ID.

Regards.

• 3.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 08:42 AM

Hi,

It seems that I lost you ...

I create a new collumn on table cnt wich is string 32.  (Do i have to do something more on that?)

Then I create a dtLookup (The string that i create is not listed in Attributes for the look up) What step did i miss?

Thanks In Advance

Angeliki

• 4.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 08:55 AM

I recommend to do all modification via text editor (I prefer Notepad++) instead of WSP,

z_clientid should be presented on Contacts Detail form as dtlTextedit to have posibillity to fill it or filled other way like pdm_useload,

common_name is an attribute which gives possibility to override default input name.

If this still not clear,

for example you can try to set userid as common_name, confirm changes via pdm_webcache -H and try to input user by it's User ID.

• 5.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 09:15 AM

I add z_clientid on Contacts Detail form as dtlTextedit to fill it in.

Where should I use common_name ?  in Contacts detail form or in Detail_cr Form that I need the autofill ?

• 6.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 09:19 AM

common_name should be used in dtlLookup type field, which you have planed to use to define customer by Cliend ID.

On detail_cr.htmpl form.

• 7.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 09:22 AM

Ok, but there I don’t have the z_clientid, which attribute I should select for the dtlLookup type field ?

• 8.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 09:49 AM

You needt perform any selection simply define attribte from cnt table as common_name, default common_name for cnt factory is combo_name but as I understood your goal, you want to select Client ID instead of Combo_name (Last Name, First Name).

Code will look like:

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlLookup hdr="Requestor" attr="requested_by" evt="onChange=\\\"backfill_cnt_event()\\\"" common_name="z_clientid">

• 9.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 02, 2015 07:32 AM

Hi,

I perform the steps as discussed Yesterday,

This cause to the following :

1)      When I type the Client Id nothing happens it can’t find anything.

2)      When I type the name of the user (in my case test) it shows the Client ID and I can selected (see attached screenshot named : type_user.png)

3)      When I select the Client id the Affected End user Field auto fill with the Client ID and not the name of the user ?  (See attached screenshot named : select_clientID.png)

Any Idea ?

What I want to do is in the attached picture  named : sample.jpg (When they type the Client ID all the other information auto fill)

Best Regards

Angeliki

• 10.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 06, 2015 05:02 PM

Hi Angeliki - We're you able to find a resolution? If responses helped you find resolution, please mark Correct Answer as appropriate. Thanks! Chris

• 11.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 02, 2015 08:49 AM

The attachments …

• 12.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 02, 2015 11:00 AM

I have tried to perform this in my test env and... this didn't work,

my conclustion is : common_name_attr didn't work where common name is derived attribute (or didn't work with cnt factory due to some scripts).

So you need to refer to plan B,

- you can create new table, where you keep reference between contact (SREL to cnt table) and his Client ID, display name will be Client ID field;

- form input will be dtlLookup to that new table;

- if I have the same Issue I'll keep both fields (Client ID input and Requestor name input) with some synchronization between them;

• 13.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 01, 2015 09:35 PM

If the client id is held as the Service Desk logon id, you can just type '/' followed by the logon id into the last name field and the form will auto-fill the rest of the details.  No need to mess about with customisations for this one.

Regards,

james

• 14.  Re: Custom field in Call request Form

Posted Oct 02, 2015 11:02 AM

Hi James,

Could you provide more info about this method?

Seems that this is not implemented OOTB in 12.7.

Regards.