DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CLW - is there a limit in the get historical data for past minutes ?

Posted Oct 01, 2015 02:40 PM

Hi

I was reading this How to improve the performance of APM?  and thought about how CLW can help to pull the data for Excel.

$CLW "get historical data from agents matching \"Custom Metric Host.*\" and metrics matching \".*Number of Metrics\" for past $MIN minute with frequency of 60 secs"

So for 6 hours MIN=360 it works but if I change to 43200 (30 days) I get no data. The highest number I can set is 35791.

While I can switch to the format between date1 and date2, I was curious if this upper limit was obvious to anybody?

One mroe question, in v10 is there now a REST api to get this data? if yes would you have a short example?

Thank you/Fred

• 2.  Re: CLW - is there a limit in the get historical data for past minutes ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2015 06:49 AM

Hi Fred:

In talking internally, one reason that your note may not have been answer is because it requires some research. Perhaps opening a case may give you a faster result

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: CLW - is there a limit in the get historical data for past minutes ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2015 04:34 PM

Hi Fred,

I could not find anything relating to a CLW limitation, however there may be one possibly due to a calculation somewhere.  I would suggest opening a Support issue.

Regards,
    Matt

• 4.  Re: CLW - is there a limit in the get historical data for past minutes ?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2015 06:21 PM

I have opened a support call and just finished a patch test.  I am told that it will fixed for v10.3 ... now thinking of it, I did not ask why not 10.2

• 5.  Re: CLW - is there a limit in the get historical data for past minutes ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2015 01:06 AM

The code base for 10.2 is finalized so additional work will be done for that build.