Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Customizing SAML assertion using JAVA.

Posted Oct 02, 2015 11:10 AM

Hi All,

If anyone has worked on customizing a SAML assertion to get the groups that the user belongs too.. in the SAML assertion, please let me know, i am new to JAVA. While going through bookshelf, i found that this can be done using "AssertionGeneratorPlugin.java" and customizing the assertion, but the catch here is that, its not clear whether we have to install fedmgr java sdk in the place where PS/Adminui is installed or in a different place, if in a different place how to bring that cusomtized plugin to be deployed. Or can we install it separately, develop it and deploy it in AdminUI server? where  this has to be done, and how to do it?

How will the actual code to customize the SAML assertion look like, is there an example or sample..

If anyone has worked on that, please forward that to my mail jschristiein@gmail.com. I would be happy to share my findings on this forum.

• 2.  Re: Customizing SAML assertion using JAVA.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 10:33 AM

Hi Joseph,

Sorry for the very late reply to your question. To write a custom assertion generator plugin you need the SiteMinder SDK.  It contains the libraries and a sample assertion generator plugin application.  You still need the Policy Server and the Adminui.  Please see the CA SiteMinder Programming Guide for Java. It  contains instructions on how to implement, deploy, and configure an assertion generator plugin in the AdminUI.  If you need assistance beyond the Guide and sample application you can contact CA Services for additional assistance.

Regards,

Sandy