DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  SACollectorErrors

Posted Oct 05, 2015 08:29 AM

Good day,

I used to have an aggregator/monitor which was assigned couple of WAE devices, now the client is moving one site that was hosting a Collector (SPANNED) and the aggregator/monitor (assigned WAE devices). We have then shutdown the aggregator and attempted to re-assign the WAE device to the second aggregator that was hosting around 28 WAE devices. The 4 WAE devices that I am truying to re-assign to the aggregator are now showing as "No Assigned" after re-assigning them, and last monitored is just a "dash". With CA involved, we have noticed in the SACollectorEorros file of the exissting aggregator we get a lot of the below errors:

2:25:49 Severity 2 - Session IP:61961- IP:80(*) T   0 N 0x15 S 82 missed handshake still unknown

02:30:09 Severity 2 - Session IP:51701- IP:80(*) T   0 N 0x15 S 54 missed handshake still unknown

02:30:25 Severity 2 - Session IP:55593- IP:8443(*) T   0 N 0x15 S 45 missed handshake still unknown

Has anyone experienced anything like this? CA is still busy with investigations but while waiting I thought I might find someone who dealt with the same issue previously.

Regards

Morongwa

• 2.  Re: SACollectorErrors

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 05, 2015 10:50 AM

Morongwa,

Thank you for starting a discussion about this issue. Hopefully someone will be able to provide some kind of insight while Support is working diligently to find the root cause of this issue.

Do you have the CA case number so that I can ensure the support ticket is, at least, heading in the right direction at this point?

Thank you.

• 3.  Re: SACollectorErrors

Posted Oct 06, 2015 05:41 AM

Hi Jeffrey,

Case number is 00212666. Thanks for your response.

Regards

Morongwa

• 4.  Re: SACollectorErrors
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 03, 2016 10:29 AM

Looks like this case was just resolved with the solution below

The issue(s) here are two-fold:

1) WAE devices are supposed to be configured to forward their Flow Monitoring information to the ADA Console and it's the job of the Monitor to do the data processing. But since the WAE Flow data is forwarded to the ADA Console one *should* expect the WAE device to re-appear (as "Not Assigned") after being deleted until the WAE device is configured to no longer forward to the ADA Console.

2) According to the database provided it appears that one of the customer's WAE devices changed the Interface through which it was forwarding its Flow Monitoring data. And when the there appeard a WAE device with the same hostname and IP but a different MAC address, ADA got confused and couldn't associate the new Source (WAE device) with a Collector because another Source (WAE device with old MAC) was already associated with the Collector.

Example screen shots attached.

The workaround to correct this issue is to:

* Select 'Administration' tab

* Select "Show me" Data Monitoring -> Monitoring Devices

* In the WAN Optimization Device List, open the "Select Source Set:" dropdown box and select the Monitor where the problem WAE devices are associated. -- ?ZA-ZATNAG001?

1) Sort by IP Address

2) Look for and DELETE ALL entries with 2 or more of the same IP (I believe there should only be 1 dup, 10.38.100.20)

3) Now DELETE all the remaining WAE devices marked as "Not Assigned" (I believe there should only be 3 remaining)

* And wait approximately 5 minutes for any of the deleted WAE devices to re-broadcast, and once the device appears again, you should now be able to properly assign the WAE device to the desired Monitor.

Note: actual fix to avoid this situation in the future will be applied to top-of-tree. No binary fix can be created for ADA 9.2.