CA Service Management

• 1.  Has anyone been able to pull the evt.sym name to a SLA webi report?

Posted Oct 05, 2015 12:14 PM

I am trying to pull "which" SLA violated to my SLA Violation report. We need to know which ticket number, as well as which SLA was blown. I was able to add the evy.sym field to the Request Detail folder in the universe, but it pulls every Event Symbol name to every ticket number. Has anyone created an object for this? I believe I am missing the correct Where statement in the object to tie the description to the request number.

Thanks,

Patty

• 2.  Re: Has anyone been able to pull the evt.sym name to a SLA webi report?

Posted Nov 03, 2015 12:51 AM

Hi Patty, have you been able to make any headway on this? The CA BI class 'Attached Service Type' has event information specific to SLA (Service Type) events.  It appears to be linked back to all of the 'ticket' types - Change, Request etc. - as well as including event labels and violation status, and that might be a better place to start than the 'Request Detail' class. For example, pulling the 'Request Number', 'SLA Violation Status' and 'Map Service Description Symbol' from 'Attached Service Type', where 'SLA Violation Status > 0' gives all Request tickets that have violated, with the Service Type label. Hope that gives you some ideas, anyway. Regards, James

• 3.  Re: Has anyone been able to pull the evt.sym name to a SLA webi report?

Posted Nov 03, 2015 11:26 AM

Hi James,

Thank you for the feedback! I tried pulling from ‘Attached Service Type’ and the “Map Sdsc Symbol’ object does pull the Service Type Symbol, but I need to pull from within the Symbol and pull the Event List entries. For Example, the Service Type Symbol may be called “LH – Priority SLA” – but within that Symbol is a “Request Event” list (things like P1 acknowledge 30 min, P2 acknowledge 1hr, etc). I believe the actual field name is evt.sym. I’m trying to pull entries from the Event List. Anymore ideas are appreciated!!

Thanks,

Patty