DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

License information

• 1.  License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 04:06 AM

How to check how many licenses we have in any environment and out of total how many we are utilizing?

• 2.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 04:20 AM

we usually just use the locater tab and select all devices from all landscapes drop it into excel exclude pingables and any other non licenced model then do a count on the rows.

There's a locator search for Models -> Accountable Models.  That should give you what you're looking for.

• 3.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 04:35 AM

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks for the reply but I really didn't get what you just said. Could you please elaborate a little bit.

As far as I know the way is  to open the hub and check the total license under License tab and then count the total number of robots reporting to the primary and secondary hubs.

But I want to segregate between application and basic pack licenses utilization.

Regards,

Arun

• 4.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 04:41 AM

sorry i thought your question related to Spectrum licensing usage.

• 5.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 04:47 AM

OKay. No problems. Thanks for your efforts

• 6.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 05:01 AM

Me too I have the same question. It's not clear at all. How techically are managed licensed between robot number under hub and specific probe license..

• 7.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 09:24 AM

In the past ive used a script to parse the HTML produced by the billing probe. I guess you could do the same. I might be able to provide the script later.

-jon

• 8.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 09:30 AM

Thanks Jonhcw, Please do share the the procedure and script. If you do not want to share that here, please mail me at arun.sharma4@tcs.com. I would appreciate your kind help.

regards,

Arun

• 9.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 09:37 AM

Hi,

You should be able to use the billing and usage metering probe to get this information. That works like a charm.

I found this in the support site which can help you on this

https://na4.salesforce.com/articles/FrequentlyAskedQuestions/How-do-I-install-configure-and-use-the-billing-and-usage-me…

-kag

• 10.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 11:06 AM

I don't think it provides probe pack level information though, it's just on probe level?

-jon

• 11.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 07, 2015 11:08 AM

Well pack details should be available I believe handy.

-kag

• 12.  Re: License information

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:54 AM

The billing probe gives you all the information you need about probe packs usage.

billing.PNG

But there are some "features" in that report. Like using sqlserver probe from hub to monitor two databases instances running in cluster, then that is counted as three Application Packs. Anyway pretty exact infomration.

/teppo