Clarity

• 1.  Tool Tips on Read Only Attributes:

Posted Oct 07, 2015 10:46 AM

I have a set of attributes in a custom subpage, i have added tooltips for them, however when i hover over these fields i do not see them display on the page, is this a system limitation or is there a setting that i need to modify to get these to work?  has anyone seen this before? I am in v. 14.2 on premise.

• 2.  Re: Tool Tips on Read Only Attributes:

Posted Oct 07, 2015 11:14 AM

I did a quick test on 14.2.0.237 04 21 and was able to see the tool tip when I hover over them

NJ

• 3.  Re: Tool Tips on Read Only Attributes:

Posted Oct 07, 2015 11:15 AM

Can you attach a screenshot on where you are setting the tool-tip. Have you tried logging off and logging in / clearing the caches ?

NJ

• 4.  Re: Tool Tips on Read Only Attributes:

Posted Oct 12, 2015 04:31 PM

Idea Validation Page No Tooltips Displayed.jpg

Sorry for not posting any sooner, The only Tool Tip I am able to see is when I hover over the checkmarks of the values fro these attributes, I would like to be able to have tool tips on the actual attributes. I think its just the way it works but I figured I ask the community to see if anyone has any idea. thank you

• 5.  Re: Tool Tips on Read Only Attributes:

Posted Jul 20, 2017 06:18 PM

I'm having the same/similar issue - I can only get Tooltips to appear on editable fields.

It's important for our users with read-only access to be able see the tooltips to help them understand the data sources, calculations, etc. We'd prefer to use Tooltips instead of Hints to reduce visual clutter.

I've attached screenshots showing an editable attribute with a Tooltip, and a read-only attribute with none, along with one example of the how the tooltips were added (in the Project object, Views tab, selecting Fields, then the properties of the attributes that need tooltips.

We're on 14.4.