DX NetOps

• 1.  Spectrum not clearing out alerts

Posted Oct 07, 2015 02:44 PM

How do I get Spectrum to clear out an alarm when the device is back up?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum not clearing out alerts

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:01 AM

"Device has stopped responding to polls" should be cleared automatically.

If not,  open a ticket.

If you speak about other alarms: Maybe you have to customize the rules for Event 0x10d30 and ???.

Regards, Frank

• 3.  Re: Spectrum not clearing out alerts

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 29, 2015 09:50 AM

Dear - yes - this IS RIGHT - the alarm should be cleared in case the model/device is deleted off the Spetrum modeling - or the device "is back again" .. BUT - we saw that symptom truly some times, when there is a "communication" weakness between SpectroSERVER and OC-server. The alarm is still listed - and once clicking to the alarm a popup message box comes up, that this alarm is already cleared. It appears the context between the alarm-table entry at OC-server level and the SpectroSERVERs alarm-table is inaccurate. This could be true to a temporary communication issue which did affect the OC-server alarm-table update. A OC-server restart will clean up that this situation as this will force the OC-server to reload the alarm-table from the SpectroSERVERs. There is currently no admin-option to "re-sycn" the OC-server alarmtable content to all SpectroSERVERs and versa.

But I saw an Idea raised for this - like the OC-server should:

- provide an admin option (i.e. via OC-weblogon / Administration / Debug / Alarmtable) - to click on alarm table re-sync button

- the OC-server periodically - i.e. once per day - will re-sync the alarm table from scratch/at all - and not doing this by alarm updates only - so having every 24h at least one fresh sync

hth - cheers, Joerg

• 4.  Re: Spectrum not clearing out alerts
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2015 08:47 AM

As Frank noted, out of the box, the "DEVICE HAS STOPPED RESPONDING TO POLLS" alarm should clear automatically when Spectrum regains communication with the device. Is this the alarm you are referring to? If not, what is the alarm not clearing? Some alarms will not clear automatically and have to be manually cleared. For example, the "AUTHENITCATION FAILURE" alarm does not clear automatically. This alarm is generated when the device sends an authentication failure trap to Spectrum. The trap is received and the alarm is asserted. The user has to clear this alarm manually.

Regards,

Joe

• 5.  Re: Spectrum not clearing out alerts

Posted Oct 08, 2015 01:42 PM

Yes ,device down alert must be cleared automatically..and it is not user clearable as default