Clarity

• 1.  XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:53 AM

Hi,

I want to remove a system lookup value that I created by mistake. Can anyone provide me the required XOG file?

Thanks,

Uruj

• 2.  Re: XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 08, 2015 11:23 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Uruj,

I'm not sure which exact System lookup you inadvertently updated. However we have one xog file in order to look up's xog IN & OUT.

content_pack_read.xml  - Use this xog file to xogout your lookup first. Please select any one of the lookup type as per the look up you want to xog out.

As we have 3-types of lookups available in Clarity - as per your requirements you need to use one type of the lookup as per your look up type.

<LookupQuery>

<!-- Static lookup -->

<Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">SEC_OBJECT_TYPE</Filter>

</LookupQuery>

<LookupQuery>

<!-- Dynamic Lookup -->

<Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">LOOKUP_COMPANIES</Filter>

</LookupQuery>

<LookupQuery>

<!-- Dependent Lookup -->

<Filter name="code" criteria="EQUALS">ODF_TST_COUNTRIES</Filter>

</LookupQuery>

Once you have the xog out the  - update the look up value and xog in back that xog out file - be very cautious while you xog back in the file as may includes system updates (as you are updating system lookup).

I would suggest while you xogging in the file - remove or delete all optional information from the file, this way you can avoid any unnecessary updates. Also I would strongly recommend this to be performed first in DEV& PILOT Environments.

If you want complete xog file please see the attached file.

Hope this helps and please let me know how it goes / further assistance needed.

Best Regards

Jagadeesh

Attachment(s)

zip
    content_pack_read.xml.zip   887 B 1 version

• 3.  Re: XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:55 PM

Please educate me,

What is the difference? The queries look the same to me except for the commented part.

My recollections was that you cannot remove the values, but only inactivate them. Even with XOG.

• 4.  Re: XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 09, 2015 01:55 AM

Are you trying to say renaming lookup value description? As per my understanding we cannot remove record from static lookup through Xog or Manually.  If  you renamed the lookup code in the Xog it will create a new record, will not remove any values.

Hope this will get it in future versions.  https://communities.ca.com/ideas/235713909

Thanks,

Ram

• 5.  Re: XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 09, 2015 02:58 AM

Agree, trying to rename something will either create a new record or error if there is a conflict with and existing unique value.

• 6.  Re: XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 09, 2015 09:45 AM

BTW - As you are trying to update System Lookup/ Values - if you could give me the name of the look up and tell me what exact action you are trying to perform. I will try it out at my end let you know exactly how this works.

• 7.  Re: XOG to remove lookup value

Posted Oct 13, 2015 03:14 AM

Hi,

there is a performance lookup in skills, where I created a value with id, say xyz. Now, I want to delete/remove this xyz value (id).