CA Service Management

• 1.  PDM_SELECT webengine directive

Posted Oct 08, 2015 03:10 AM

My goal here is to capture the change of a dropdown list generated by PDM_SELECT directive. In this case it is from the analyst detail_wf.htmpl form.

This is from the form:
    <PDM_SELECT NAME=SET.status ESC_STYLE=HTML FACTORY=tskstat WF_FAC_FOR_TSKSTAT=wf SELECTED="$args.status" SELECTED_SYM="$args.status.COMMON_NAME" TITLE="' + _dtl.lastHdrtext + '">

I see the way the PDM_SELECT is used contains some special functionality. It will not return all available tskstat objects but a subset of them. So far the logic eludes me and no (public) documentation exists for it but I have opened a request to CA Support asking for the documentation of that webengine directive.

I've seen multiple similar questions and a couple of identical ones but no satisfying solution for them has been found. In all the cases I found the user ended up either using the stock dtlDropdown macro or creating their own dropdown with PDM_LIST directive. While both of these are viable last resorts for me I'd prefer finding out how the PDM_SELECT is supposed to work and what the different parameters given to it on analyst detail_wf.htmpl do.

If you have more knowledge please share it below.

• 2.  Re: PDM_SELECT webengine directive

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 23, 2015 03:19 AM

Hi Jussi,

For the pdm_select on detail_wf.htmpl, the logic used to populate the dropdownlist depends on the on the settings/configuration of the workflow tasks associate with a change category.

Best regards,

Peter

• 3.  Re: PDM_SELECT webengine directive
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2015 04:04 AM

Hi Peter,

I'm sure it does, but what exactly is the logic? If I traverse the relationships from the change and its attached workflow tasks I get a longer list of options than what I'll get if I use the PDM_SELECT. So some filtering takes place and my question is what is that filtering?

However, this was a side-track on my attempt to capture the change of the dropdown's value and I had some difficulties doing this. Apparently the PDM_SELECT does not generate a change handler like most (all?) of the other macros do so I ended up doing it manually with jQuery and a bit of custom JavaScript.

- Jussi