DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Nimsoft Alarm Mails

Posted Oct 08, 2015 02:13 PM

How to Suppress the nimsoft alarm mails in nas  ,hope the alerts mails are triggering  for each samples

• 2.  Re: Nimsoft Alarm Mails

Posted Oct 09, 2015 03:39 AM

Hi

Can you explain in a bit more detail what you want to achieve as your short description does not really explain what you are having a problem with?

If you are currently getting an email for every time an alert is generated this is typically because you have configured the AO rule as "on arrival". If this is the case then you should change the AO rule to be "after 30s"?

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Nimsoft Alarm Mails

Posted Oct 09, 2015 04:35 AM

Hi,

Normally, it is good to create an email profile with overdue age and not on arrival. So, in this case, even if the alert is getting suppressed on arrival you won’t have emails routed. I think that is the only option other than disabling the emailgtw profile for the time period which I don’t think it is advisable.

-kag

• 4.  Re: Nimsoft Alarm Mails

Posted Oct 09, 2015 10:33 AM

kag,

At which time interval the repeated alarms will get suppress to avoid duplicate mails.

• 5.  Re: Nimsoft Alarm Mails

Posted Oct 09, 2015 10:45 AM

Hi,

If I understood properly, just change the overdue age of email profile to say 30 seconds or 1 min. So, this will avoid sending an emails when the alerts get suppressed on arrival.

-kag