Clarity

Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (October 2015)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA PPM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (October 2015)

Posted Oct 09, 2015 08:49 PM

Miss the October PPM Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in November for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

Hi Everyone - We'll be starting in just a few minutes. Please hold questions until we announce the start. Thanks!

OK - Ready for questions!

from Daniel to Everyone:

Hi everybody I have a question: how could I make just one field read-only type on Clarity?

from Eric Gingras to Everyone:

Is it possible to link Group with Jasper Role and ensure they are sync

from Martti Kinnunen to Everyone:

Where is stored the sender of the email for email  notifications creted from action items created in a process. I can only find the creater of the action item and the sender of the notification, which are different from the sender of  the email.

from Mathew Ruck to Everyone:

How do you utilize the knowledge store

(righ now I need to manually populate Role member in Jasper...maybe there is something I don't get)

from Ramana to Everyone:

Lot of Support plans has 4 or 5 tasks and assigned to 400+ resources. May be 10 or so tracked time to them and rest of them are not. We have about 200 such projects. Now PMs wants to remove all assignments and resources from team tab who are not tracked time to task. Is it possible to do it thru script? I believe it's not.

from Kathryn Ellis (CA) to Everyone:

@Daniel : In Studio, mark the Attribute Read-Only ; you will need to have a default value specified.

from Nika Hadzhikidi (CA) to Everyone:

@Eric : Do you have to manually populate it? Have you run the Create JS Users job form Clarity? You have to grant the Advanced Reporting rights in Clarity, then run Create JS Users job. This will add the users to JS and grant the appropriate rights, such as ROLE_USER.

@ Ramana : No script, however maybe use XOG as a possible idea?

@Mathew : your question on how to use Knowledge store is too broad. Please clarify your question

from Ramana to Everyone:

@Kathryn, I mean XOG and GEL script combination

@Martti, I believe this should be the email that is set up as default email sender in the properties.xml. It's on the page that includes the details of the Email server in CSA too.

@Nika: I do run the jobs, the users are sync this is ok, but the Group are not created In JaperSoft... as example If I want to grant acces to a Report to the Group "Project Manager" I need to create a group in JAsperSoft and then manually populate this group with the member.

@Ramana: Use XOG

Best practices and we are thinking of linking the documents in the action items

@Nika: is there a way that not only the user get synched in Jasper but also the Group

from Ramana to Everyone:

@Kathryn, I believe its not possible. XOG won't allow remove resources from project team

Has anyone been able to setup the auto escalate action items to not function on Weekends?

@Nika that is the problem. It is not what is in the properties.xml and not what is in CSA. We have two app servers and a loadbalancer and the sender for the same notification email in different projects has two options. We cannot figure where from they come.

from Daniel to Everyone:

thanks a lot for your help @Kathryn I'll be reviewing this option =)

@Mathew: I believe action items can have documents associated from a process. Have you done any reviews of the product documentation and tested any of the functionality for this area yet?

@Eric : do you grant the Advanced Reporting rights to the Project Manager group? Then if you run the jobs, the access rights will be granted to the users on User level. The Groups will not be sent to the JS server, no. I'd suggest you raise an enhancement on our Communities page for this.

@Ramana: The only way I know of is through UI to remove resources from the project and the application will perform validation to check if any actual hours are posted.

@Nika:  Yes, I granted the Advance Reporting Rights... but from there the problem is providing proper Access right on reports per Group in Jaspersoft... I need to duplicate the effort creating group in clarity and role in JAsper... I will submit an idea

from Ramana to Everyone:

@kathryn. Thank you

@Nika: concerning Action Items no I have not done that research yet.  Is there a specific product doc you recommend?

from Ramana to Everyone:

Accessing external SQL server windows authentication database thru GEL script.  Created ODBC DSN datasource using SQL server database and I was able to

connect and retrieve the data from the database IF the gel script is running from Command line execution. But it didn't work when I run it from  UI, why? Is there another way to access it? 

@Martti, could you please try the following:

In order to use the defaultSenderAddress an additional attribute needs to be added to the properties.xml file. It is 'alwaysUseDefaultSenderAddress' on the mailserver node:

<mailServer alwaysUseDefaultSenderAddress="true"

Do that on both of your servers, and restart, this should work.

What version of JAspersoft  Studio should we use with 14.3... is there a link to download and a licence associated with it

@Mathew: Regarding auto escalate functionality ; there is no way to configure for skipping weekends. Check for 'Idea' on the communities ; if there is not one existing, please write it up as I think this is something other customers may want as well.

from Michael Brunak to Everyone:

Is there an update on JasperSoft Reporting using the Data Warehouse and custom attributes? We heard of a bug, and wanted to find out if there is a fix?

@Nika Thanks we'll try that

(about licence.. I mean a code we enter within Jaspersoft Sutdio in Licence Manager that open  up the "components Pro" section

from Lowell Wetzel to Everyone:

Does Jaspersoft connect to AD? and can you use AD groups within Jaspersoft for rights?

@Eric, the version would be Jaspersoft Studio 6.1, license should be included.

@Mathew: If you create a new process you can pick the primary object type 'Document' and create process steps that have action items. Reference the http://wiki.ca.com site for product documentation on defining Process Workflows if you have not created processes before.

from Sue to Everyone:

When a user adjusts a timesheet, some of their "notes" do not copy over to the new timesheet; sometimes it does copy over.  How can I get the timesheet to copy over all the notes? Do I need to enable some settings on the project level?

from Joshua Leone to Everyone:

@Eric the license file is definitely included in the download from support.ca.com for Jasperstuid.

@Eric, try https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/ProdCDNResults and enter Clarity Creator User License to get the Studio.

@Sue: I think it would be best to log a case with support so that you can provide specific details and the support engineer can investigate to see if it is an issue in your system.

@Michael : do you mean an issue in which the custom attributes do not get added to DWH? Please could you clarify? Thanks

@Nika, Thank you! I found the link.

from Sue to Everyone:

OK

@Nika - Yes that is correct. Custom attributes not added/populated in DWH.

Is there an effective way to copy Custom Investment Level attribute values to a Project Custom attributes?

@Nika - Any updates on that issue? (DWH not populating custom attributes)

@Michael : I am aware of issues that happen sometimes when a custom attribute is deleted from UI but still remains in DWH. We were unable so far to reproduce the exact issue. However we do have workaround to remediate this.

@Michael :  if you have a Support issue open, I can take a look.

@Nika - Hi, what is the workaround.

Is there a document that would show where CA PPM Database attribute are populated within the Datawarehouse... from PPM to DWH(mapping), table name/field name change and it is sometime difficult to find the correspondant DWH field/table.

@Michael :  the best workaround would be from UI: to recreate the attribute, run DWH, then uncheck it for DWH, run DWH and then you can delete it.

For the Jaspersoft reporting, where is the "attribute name" taken from?  My users love to change the names of attributes and are not consistent about renaming all views

@Nika Is that use default emailsender instruction documented somewhere.

@Eric : please check http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/product-related-technical-information/ca-ppm-advanced-reporting-and-database-schema-index.aspx to see if this documentation helps

@Martti : We have it documented internally. Unsure if it was documented somewhere else too, I'll have to check. Let me know if it works, and send me a message on the Communities, and I'll let you know if it's been published anywhere else.

Nika

@Nika thanks, will do (with my alias)

@Lowell the attribute names are taken from the DWH views on PPM schema, this is not something the users will have direct access to change. Just please ensure they don't uncheck any of the OOTB PMO fields for DWH, that will lead to invalid identifier errors when running Load DWH

@Martti, no worries

@nika... at this link I do find both Database ERD Diagram, but I don't see any documentation on link between both Database... what is the -renaming convention...

@Ramana : have you tried adding your SQL external database as an external database connection in CSA? Then you should be able to refer to it easily in your Gel.

@Nika - can you provide an example of how to add an additional external database to the CSA?

@Lowell : regarding your question about : Is there an effective way to copy Custom Investment Level attribute values to a Project Custom attributes? ....... we do not understand the question

@Lowell - Create it from the CSA --> Database.  You add it via "New External Connection"

Can you reference more than one database in your GEL?

in the same GEL?

from Ramana to Everyone:

@Nika, I didn't. Its a Windows Authentication SQL Server database not SQL server authentication 

You give it an id and then reference that id in GEL.  Like you would do with the "niku" connection previously.

OK Everyone - We're finishing up the questions and wrapping up for today. Thank you all for your participation and join us in November for the next session! Anything we missed please post as a discussion question on the community.

Thank you

Thanks

from John to Everyone:

Thank you