Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Social Login Starter

Posted Oct 12, 2015 05:21 PM

Hi.

We are starting a pilot around Social Login using the API Gateway and oauth2.

We have the CA API Gateway upgraded to 8.4. We also have the MAG.

I have seen thisSocial Login with OAuth and am wondering if there are further resources available.

We would like to start with a simple case:

-  A new user can register/Login re-using their existing social login (facebook).

-  Gateway then makes a request using the access token for the user details from the social platform (email address)

This would initially be using a web browser.

Could someone please let me know if there are example policies, walk troughs, recommendations, instructions and advice on building this - 'out of the box'

Many Thanks,
    Paul

• 2.  Re: Social Login Starter

Posted Oct 13, 2015 11:37 AM

The basis of all of this is around the OAuth Toolkit. The documentation for this kit can be found here. It provides an OAuth Manager for creating clients as well as some sample test clients and APIs to consume. I would encourage you to start here and let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks!

• 3.  Re: Social Login Starter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 13, 2015 12:48 PM

Hi Paul,

The video you refer to was created by a member of the MAG team.

Additional resources for configuring the gateway for Social login using Facebook credentials are documented here:

MAG Server side:

https://wiki.ca.com/display/MAG24/Social+Login+Authentication 

MAG SDK Client side

Enabling Social Login - CA Mobile API Gateway - 2.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

There is also an example app for custom login shipped with the SDK.

Good luck!

Simon