AnsweredAssumed Answered

Adding a link in a field within a portlet.

Question asked by chrisflynn on Oct 13, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 19, 2015 by chrisflynn

I have created a custom portlet in clarity 13.3 and one of the Fields is called April Actuals. I would like to be able to setup a link on this field so when I click on it another portlet opens up with the details. I have create both portlets and I know how to go into the field properties in the first portlet and add a link but when I select the link from the drop down it appears for a second and then it reverts back to [select]. My custom portlet is called Current Account projections and is based on a custom object I created called Current Account Financial Projections. My second Portlet is called Transactions portlet and it is based on a custom Object called Transactions. I created a link in the Current Account Financial Projections object to link it to the Transactions Object. Then I go into the Current Account projections portlet and create a link on that field and I select Transactions Link in the drop down. It selects it and flashes for about a second and then reverts back to select.

Can you have a field in one portlet setup so that when you click on it, the second portlet opens I guess is the simple question. It would be basically a drill down. I can do this with the out of the box allocations portlet because I had it working for a test. I would like to now add the same principle to my second custom portlet so it opens up instead of the Allocations Portlet.

Hope this is not to confusing to answer.

Outcomes