How to remove the devices from UIM Database which are modeled from VM probe. Need to perform this by single action .It is possible? Pls help
Please follow these steps to delete the a host from the CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table.
Then the Discovery_server should populate with the host value in the dedicated field.
Only if you have installed discovery_server 8.12 or later, you may delete individual systems from discovery, or groups of systems, as follows:
1. using an SQL query, obtain the "cs_key" value from the CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM table for the system or systems you wish to remove from discovery;
2. in Admin Console or Infrastructure Manager, highlight the discovery_server probe and bring up the Probe Utility (from the menu in Admin Console or press CTRL+P in IM.)
3. choose the callback "remove_master_devices_by_cs_key"
4. you may supply a single cs_key, or a comma-separated list of cs_keys as a parameter to this callback.
5. Click the green "Play" button and the systems associated with the given cs_key(s) will be deleted from CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM, and their related records in CM_DEVICE and the related UDM information in DATOMIC_KVS will also be cleaned automatically.
I hope this helps.
For your reference:
How to reset discovery in CA UIM 8.10 or later
Thanks ..As of now i using this process only .I am expecting to delete vCenter server as well the associated devices in vCenter .But each devices has a unique CS_key ..it is a difficulty .
You can follow the other suggestion found in Article Number 000004861 (How to reset discovery in CA UIM 8.10 or later).
Note that if you have Static Group Type (in USM), you will need to add back the hosts/devices by hand after rediscovering them.
In order to perform a FULL reset of discovery (which will work in discovery_server 8.10 or later), perform the following steps:
1. Deactivate discovery_server
2. Run the following query for the NimsoftSLM backend database using the SLM portlet or MS SQL Server Management Studio utility
DELETE FROM CM_COMPUTER_SYSTEM;
3. On the primary hub, Deactivate the udm_manager probe.
4. Run the following query
DROP TABLE DATOMIC_KVS;
5. Activate udm_manager
6. Activate discovery_server
Thanks Silvio. Whether there will be new cs_id will be created after this re discovery ?And there will be any data loss across severs .
Nope, as far as I know. Except you will need to repopulate the Static Group Types in case you have them. Maybe this is the opportunity to create the Dynamic Group Type.
Retrieving data ...