Release Automation

• 1.  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Posted Oct 21, 2015 02:51 AM

When we test the action "JIRA - Resolve Issue" we get the next error:

2015-10-21 08:45:42,302 [Communication Msg Processor-441] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService:87) - failed initialize flow for job[753767], jobServerId[753769].

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.datamodel.ActionProxy.createAction(ActionProxy.java:66)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.createActionFromActionProxy(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:74)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.replaceSingleStepActionProxies(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:45)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowActionProxyReplacer.replaceActionProxies(FlowActionProxyReplacer.java:38)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.initFlow(FlowDataFactory.java:93)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.create(FlowDataFactory.java:85)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowDataFactory.create(FlowDataFactory.java:46)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService.init(FlowControlService.java:80)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.flowcontrol.service.FlowControlService.handleServiceRequest(FlowControlService.java:49)

at com.nolio.platform.shared.communication.CommunicationNetworkServiceManager$1.run(CommunicationNetworkServiceManager.java:232)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.codehaus.jackson.JsonNode

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

... 18 more

• 2.  Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Posted Jan 26, 2018 04:15 AM

Hello,

does anyone have this problem?

• 3.  Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 26, 2018 01:33 PM

Hi,

It sounds like you might be missing a dependent jar file (jackson-core-asl.<ver>.jar). Could you check the agent machine to see if it has it? If not, I'd recommend checking the management server to see if it is somewhere there. If it is not on the agent machine but it is not on the agent machine then running a test delay action may get that dependent jar file to the agent machine. If that jar file is not on the agent or the management server then I'd check the ROC -> Administration -> Action Management page to see if there is an update for the JIRA action pack If it doesn't show there being an update available then you can try:

1. Getting the dependencies.zip file from the action packs ftp site:  ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/dpm/ReleaseAutomationActions/ActionPacks/nolio-atlassian-jira-actions/

2. After you have the .zip file extract it on your machine. 

3. After you extract, go to Action Management -> Installed Pack page where you can import each of the .jar files that were inside of the dependencies.zip

After getting the jar files on the management server try rerunning the test delay action to get all the jar files on the target agent machine. Then you should be good to go. 

If all of this doesn't help then maybe its because there are several versions of that jackson dependencies and its picking up the wrong one - in which case we should probably try and figure out which action pack is using the different version. But I think that scenario is very common. 

Kind regards,

Gregg

• 4.  Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Posted Jan 29, 2018 03:53 AM

At the moment I have

xpcara01.ldjir601./usr/local/pr/ca/ReleaseAutomation/actionslib> ls -l | grep -i jack
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 xpcara01 gpcara01   55782 Nov 13 14:37 jackson-annotations-2.8.6.jar
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 xpcara01 gpcara01  281203 Nov 13 14:37 jackson-core-2.8.6.jar
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 xpcara01 gpcara01 1236708 Nov 13 14:37 jackson-databind-2.8.6.jar
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 xpcara01 gpcara01   80729 Nov 13 14:37 jackson-module-mrbean-2.8.6.jar

This is the content of dependency.zip

I missed both 3.

I tried to import jackson-core-asl-1.8.3.jar but i get

I can not delete any steps in my deployment

regards

Javi

• 5.  Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2018 09:23 AM

Hi Javi,

I think the jar(s) you tried importing (while getting the new "Can not remove" errors) should still get imported. You can verify that by checking the actionslib folder on the management server. But it does seem like you might also be missing the nolio-nexus-actions-10.5.1412.1.jar. So I would also download that from the ftp site (ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/dpm/ReleaseAutomationActions/ActionPacks/nolio-nexus-actions/) and try to import it. 

I hope this helps. If not, or if you have any other questions, then please let us know.

Cheers,

Gregg

• 6.  Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Posted Jan 29, 2018 10:21 AM

it worked

• 7.  Re: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/codehaus/jackson/JsonNode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2018 12:56 PM

Great! Thank you for the update. Please choose the response you felt was most helpful and click the "Mark as Correct" button for it. 

Kind regards,

Gregg