Symantec IGA

• 1.  Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Oct 22, 2015 04:46 AM

Hi all,

I created a project with Connector Xpress to implement a dynamic connector. It works as expected, but now I would create (in bulk way) all related account templates needed.

I found this post looking for this activity in the community, but unfortunatelly it didn't help me.

Can anyone give me any hints about or provide me an example?

Thanks in advance,

Daniele

• 2.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Oct 22, 2015 05:21 AM

Hi Daniele,

For account template bulk creation, we did use the etautil command to created. We used an excel file to defined all our account templates(with different attribute values, different ac template names & etc). Then "export" the contain of the excel file based on etautil format and execute using batch file todo bulk creation.

For inclusion between Provisioning Roles and Account Templates, we also used etautil command.

Only for Provisioning Role definition, we use XML file todo a bulk creation.

regards,

William

• 3.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Oct 22, 2015 06:54 AM

Hi William,

thanks for your response.

I'll read in detail etautil documentation to understand the format and the content of its input file.

It would be great if you could provide me an example

Thanks again,

Daniele

• 4.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 22, 2015 08:12 AM

Hi Daniele

Here is an example of an ADD of a NT policy

add 'eTN16PolicyContainerName=Windows NT Policies,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTN16Policy eTN16PolicyName=TestPolicy eTDescription='TestPolicy' eTN16AccountName=%AC% eTN16FullName=%UN% eTN16Description=%UD% eTComments='created by etautil' eTStrongSync=1 eTN16GroupMembers=user eTPassword=%P%;

This is a line in an etautil input file (notice the ; at the end of the line)

To know what attributes you should use, use an ldap browser and find an account template you have already created. This way you will be able to see whcih attributes you have available. Use a ldap browser that also shows attributes with NUL values.

When handling connector xpress connectors, you would need to use the parameter -DYN with the etautil command. This so etautil would know where to load the schemas and attributes.

If you are going to change values, you would use update instead of add

Cheers, Atle

• 5.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Oct 22, 2015 09:08 AM

Hi Atle,

thank you very much. It's work!

Thanks guys

• 6.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Nov 02, 2015 01:30 AM

Here's some additional info regarding etautil

## Create Inclusion between Role and Account Template

add 'eTRoleContainerName=Roles,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' Role eTRoleName='%s' in 'eTDYNPolicyContainerName=DYN Policies,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTDYNPolicy %s='%s'

## Create inclusion between Account Template with Endpoint

add 'eTDYNPolicyContainerName=DYN Policies,eTNamespaceName=CommonObjects' eTDYNPolicy %s='%s' in 'eTNamespaceName=Custom SQLTable,dc=im,dc=eta' eTDYNDirectory eTDYNDirectoryName='SQL'

• 7.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Feb 10, 2016 04:47 PM

Hi Will,

Last year I used the same scripts to bulk add sql/ora db (endpoints) into idm - Now I've been tasked to automate the maintenance of these endpoints which is currently done manually - when a new database is created/decommissioned. Any suggestions?

Cheers,

Mahad

• 8.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Feb 15, 2016 01:07 AM

Hi Mahad,

I am not sure about your question, do u mean automate deprovision account from database ?

• 9.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Feb 17, 2016 11:08 AM

I want to automate the creation of new Oracle/SQL endpoints in IDM; I'm going to leverage web-services for this. The only problem I run into with that - is the explore and correlate step after creating the endpoint; for each endpoint I would need to create a unique explore and correlate definition and then execute.... Do you know a way to automate explore and correlating an endpoint once its created?

• 10.  Re: Connector Xpress account template bulk creation

Posted Feb 17, 2016 10:04 PM

Hi Mahad,

So far i know it is possible to automate endpoint creation & exploration using etautil command.

Check the Provisioning Manager help file, look for "etautil control statement", you will find more info.

I dun think you can use CA IM TEWS (web service) to perform provisioning activity like "create endpoint"

CA IM TEWS is more for admin task.

regards,

William