Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

• 1.  Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Oct 22, 2015 07:27 AM

HI Team ,

We are not running the The Investment Allocation job which updates the field-  'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' on projects (gives  the sum of  all actuals posted by labor resources assigned)

But still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project.

Not sure that which job is triggering this update on the field   'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' in the projects.

• 2.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 06, 2015 02:18 PM

Are these investments in portfolios, and is the attribute one of those that is being sync'd?

If so, that's one place that I think the field will become recalculated.  The other main one you mentioned is the investment allocation job that you aren't running.

#helpinghands

• 3.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 11, 2015 06:59 AM

Hi Nick,

Yes, the attribute "Actuals" is being sync'd in the Portfolio Investment object.But the project which i am referring is not tagged to any portfolios.

But still the field had got recalculated.Which job updates 'Actual's of investments, if investment is tagged to portfolios ?

Thanks in advance.

Vanishree

• 4.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 11, 2015 09:43 AM

clarity.jpmc.na wrote:

Which job updates 'Actual's of investments, if investment is tagged to portfolios ?

If the investment is tagged to portfolios, then this job can update the actuals:

There is also the 'Sync Now' button on the Targets page of a portfolio to do just that specific portfolio.

• 5.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 12, 2015 04:09 AM

Hi Nick,

Thanks for the help.

I checked that field "actuals" is added in Attribute Registry of portfolio investment object.

For one portfolio the investment containing actuals(labor_actsum),i sync'd the portfolio(which triggered the "Synchronize Portfolio Investment job).But unfortunately the actuals on the portfolio(in pfm_investments table) also didn't get updated(remained null) and also at the project level labor_actsum didn't get recalculated.

In Production there are so many projects which doesn't tagged to any of the portfolios still  the labor_actsum gets recalculated ,still this remains mystery !!.

Thanks,

Vanishree

• 6.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 12, 2015 09:46 AM

This might be a situation that calls for raising a support issue to be analysed thoroughly by someone smarter than me I'm afraid.

• 7.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 16, 2015 03:10 PM

Hi - Did Kathryn's response help you resolve your issue? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris

• 8.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Posted Nov 17, 2015 04:09 AM

No,the mystrery remained the same..:(

• 9.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2015 07:30 PM

I tested in a generic test server and the 'Investment Allocation' job is the only job that updates Actual for Labor Resources data.

• 10.  Re: Hello Team, "still the field 'Actuals Sum for Labor Resources' gets updated on the project when the 'Last Updated Date' gets updated on the project."

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 03, 2015 07:02 PM

Hi Everyone,

I received more information from the customer.

They are using a GEL script that does a simple XOG to update the Project Status Indicator.

After testing a manual XOG write action with just the Project ID, Project Name and Status Indicator, the Labor_ActSum fields are updated.

The customer is not running the Investment Allocation job as a regularly scheduled job and therefore, after any timesheets are posted with actuals, the LABOR_ACTSUM is not getting updated.  However, when the XOG write action occurs, it performs slicing and updates to the data so that your project data is current after the XOG.