One of my clients has decided to create an interface to import timesheet hours.
The design for now is a unitary import (more simple) :
- Input file is a CSV
- 1 line = 1 resource - 1 activity - 1 day
- XOG Timesheet is used with action="add"
- No consideration for update operations
- The result is a timesheet with multiple splitted entries for the same assignment
At first, we thought it was acceptable because the "Post Timesheet" would clean up the timesheet and purge useless entries.
I was pretty sure that it would :
- Join splitted entries if they were on the same charge code, input type code
- Regroup days on the same assignment
- Sum hours on the same day
Ultimately, it seems that the job "only" deletes empty entries (with 0 or null hour on the whole week).
Does anybody has already seen this feature work ?
Or is it just me who's dreaming ?
Do u think it could be an enhancement for future releases ?