CA Service Management

• 1.  How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Oct 27, 2015 10:14 AM

Hello!

When I create a COMPANY ("Empresa" in my version) there is no place on CONTACT to associate, only ORGANIZATIONS.

My SDM is in portuguese, so terms above may be different from english version.

But the deal is: where can I learn about how they get related, how they represent the real world?

Which manual, document, guide or wiki I can get information about this?

Best,

Ellery

• 2.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 12:59 PM

Hi Ellery

What version are you using?

• 3.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Nov 03, 2015 06:47 AM

wteixeira

14.1!

Best,

Ellery

• 4.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 01:30 PM

HI Ellery,

Yes, company = empresa.

We can read about on CA WIKI, - Companies - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

A company buys, sells, services, manages, or uses your IT assets in CA APM. You define company records for key organizations with which you have a business relationship, such as the following examples:

• Your own company, its parent company, or subsidiaries.
    • IT manufacturers, vendors, escrow agents, maintenance providers, and service providers.

Regards

• 5.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 02, 2015 03:28 PM

Ellery, I do see primary contact, location on the company detail page.

But not organization. Can you let us know how you get t open a company detail from the web interface? Maybe we are talking two

different objects in SDM? Thanks _Chi

• 6.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Nov 03, 2015 07:13 AM

Hello Chi_Chen,

It's OK primary contact for a company, the problem is how to associate a CONTACT to a COMPANY (those are located at "Administration > Servicedesk > Application data > Configuration itens > Companies) or there is no logic to associate those two objects? :-)

Check this out:

2015-11-03 08_53_55-Eduardo Rodrigues Ellery - Atualizar funcionário - CA Service Desk Manager.png

These fields are the place where I can associate a contact to a "Organização" in english "Organizations". I create this kind of object at this screen below (Administration > Servicedesk > Application Data > Codes > Organizations (those english words are translations by me of PORTUGUESE options in our SDM)):

2015-11-03 08_58_18-Criar organização - CA Service Desk Manager.png

Best,

Ellery

• 7.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 05:06 PM

Ellery, sorry for the delay...I have some troubles on my laptop lately. Anyway, we are talking about the same "company" object here and

in the company detail, there is a field called "primary contact" in which

you can enter a contact here. I am not able to read your language on

the screen shot but I think it could be "ID do contato". Thanks _Chi

• 8.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2015 04:34 PM

Hi, from my expirience with SDM, contacts are only associated with organizations, since even service contracts are working based on organizations. Companies are used in ci models here you can define company that manufactured current model.

• 9.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:55 AM

The vendor field, "fornecedor" on the Contact\Organization tab will allow you to associate a Contact to a Company. We use this to identify contractors in our Service Desk by their company. This is very useful for reporting when we want to see all the tickets assigned to a specific vendor, such as Assignee Company = '<company>'.

• 10.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Nov 05, 2015 12:12 PM

Hello jmascaro

When I try to fill that field, although I click on "Fornecedor" the window opened to choose the object is called "Pesquisa empresa", in the other words, "Search companies".

My understanding is that Empresas (saw in that page) are companies like DELL, HP, IBM, VMWARE, etc. Is this right?

Best,

Ellery

• 11.  Re: How Organizations, Companies and Contacts relate?

Posted Nov 05, 2015 12:19 PM

You should be able to select any Company you created under Service Desk\Application Data\Configuration Items\Companies. I don’t believe any are there by default, but you should be able to create any you want. These Companies are also available for use on several CI attributes, such as Responsible Vendor.