Clarity

• 1.  Linkable subpages created on new partition not working

Posted Oct 27, 2015 03:09 PM

Hi guys,

I am trying to create a new linkable subpage on a partition and use it in a portlet, however when i try to create the link the action dropdown do not show the link to my new subpage.

Do you guys think it is a bug ou just working as design?

Thanks for your help.

• 2.  Re: Linkable subpages created on new partition not working

Posted Oct 27, 2015 04:54 PM

I think you will find that Portlets are not partitionable in the same way that object Views are, and it would be working as expected.

The portlets can show data from one or many partitions, can be object or NSQL based, and do not have individual configurations based on partitioning (also an object has to be registered as having a partition before it can be used for view configuration, portlets do not have the same limits or benefits that come with that).

Or to put it another way, I believe you need to treat portlets as all belonging to the System partition always (i.e. NIKU.ROOT).

• 3.  Re: Linkable subpages created on new partition not working

Posted Oct 27, 2015 05:16 PM

Hi Nick,

I have just create the link direct at the object linking tab and the same problem happens. I guess it is not a portlet problem, partition subpages can't be linked at all.

thanks for your answer!!!

• 4.  Re: Linkable subpages created on new partition not working
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 27, 2015 05:24 PM

Your reply had me looking further and I have this:

CLRT-69994 Can not add linking to a custom subpage to the NSQL Query if subpage was created in object partition

The description for it was:

If the object does not have partition I am able to add a linking to custom subpages.
    If the object has partition I am not able to add a linking to custom subpages.

No workarounds were available, and there are no plans at this time to fix it.  If this is an important option for you, I would recommend creating a support issue and make reference to this defect in the description, and please include your current Clarity version and patch level too, as these may help.

• 5.  Re: Linkable subpages created on new partition not working

Posted Oct 27, 2015 05:43 PM

Thanks Nick, thats exactly what is happening to me.