Symantec IGA

• 1.  When a user disable from CA Identity Manager, In AD user got diabled where as his/her mailbox not disabling in Exchange.

Posted Oct 28, 2015 02:55 AM

Hi All,   

When a user disable from CA Identity Manager, In AD user got diabled where as his/her mailbox not disabling in Exchange.  Please give any solution that how to disable exchange mailbox also

regards

Ramesh

• 2.  Re: When a user disable from CA Identity Manager, In AD user got diabled where as his/her mailbox not disabling in Exchange.

Posted Oct 28, 2015 05:00 AM

Hi,

As I understand Exchange mailbox is linked to AD account. When you disable user's AD account, user's will not able to login with AD account hence user will not able to login OWA or email client to access exchange mailbox.

In Exchange server, there is  function(cmdlet) called Disable-Mailbox , but this function is to disconnect the link between AD account & exchange mailbox.

regards,

William

• 3.  Re: When a user disable from CA Identity Manager, In AD user got diabled where as his/her mailbox not disabling in Exchange.

Posted Oct 28, 2015 09:06 AM

Hi William,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I aware of that, but here client want that exchange user mailbox also disable when the AD account has disabled.

regards

Ramesh

• 4.  Re: When a user disable from CA Identity Manager, In AD user got diabled where as his/her mailbox not disabling in Exchange.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 08, 2016 02:08 PM

Hi Ramesh,

My research shows that this is something that will need to be adjusted in the Active Directory retention policy.  This tells Active Directory what to do with mailboxes when an account is deleted or disabled.  Have you spoken to your Active Directory administrators about that?

Regards,

Andy Thompson