This question is under Nimsoft content instead of Spectrum.
NCM uses several communication methods depending on the type of device and the device family it has been placed in such as:
1. What device family does the device belong to?
2. What communication mode is configured on the device family?
3. Is there any overriding of the Local Communication Configuration on the device?
4. Are all the set up steps in place for that communication mode (for example: username/password)?
5. Has this ever worked before? If yes, what was changed?
Plz tell na complete process about actully i m new here ... pl help
Whats the device type? Spectrum supports Cisco devices out of box for backup . for other vendors like- HP you need cutomize perl script to capture device backup .
thnx for reply these all are cisco devices ....
for a particular cisco device go under local communication configuration , check with all the 3 local default communication mode. -1)SNMP/FTP, 2) Telnet , 3)SSH
Of course you need to take care for ssh/scp settings on the routers/switches (e.g. "ip scp server enable").
Retrieving data ...