DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  i am not able to device backup capture on spectrum one click console . its showing 251 logging Error

Posted Oct 29, 2015 07:49 AM

thnx

• 2.  Re: i am not able to device backup capture on spectrum one click console . its showing 251 logging Error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 30, 2015 12:51 PM

This question is under Nimsoft content instead of Spectrum.

NCM uses several communication methods depending on the type of device and the device family it has been placed in such as:

- SNMP/TFTP

- Telnet/FTP

- SSH/SCP

1. What device family does the device belong to?

2. What communication mode is configured on the device family?

3. Is there any overriding of the Local Communication Configuration on the device?

4. Are all the set up steps in place for that communication mode (for example: username/password)?

5. Has this ever worked before? If yes, what was changed?

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: i am not able to device backup capture on spectrum one click console . its showing 251 logging Error

Posted Oct 31, 2015 02:48 AM

hi Silvio

Plz tell na complete process about actully i m new here ... pl help

• 4.  Re: i am not able to device backup capture on spectrum one click console . its showing 251 logging Error

Posted Nov 02, 2015 05:59 AM

Hello Shubham

Whats the device type? Spectrum supports Cisco devices out of box for backup . for other vendors like- HP you need cutomize perl script to capture device backup .

• 5.  Re: i am not able to device backup capture on spectrum one click console . its showing 251 logging Error

Posted Nov 02, 2015 06:55 AM

hi Sourav

thnx for reply these all  are cisco devices ....

• 6.  Re: i am not able to device backup capture on spectrum one click console . its showing 251 logging Error

Posted Nov 02, 2015 10:53 AM

for a particular cisco device  go under local communication configuration , check with all the 3 local default communication mode. -1)SNMP/FTP, 2) Telnet , 3)SSH

Of course you need to take care for ssh/scp settings on the routers/switches (e.g. "ip scp server enable").