Clarity

• 1.  How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Posted Oct 29, 2015 06:13 PM

Say you have your financial departments which also an OBS structure.

You cannot modify it as an OBS, but you can move the departments around by defining the parent department.

Say then further that while doing that you created more levels than 10 which should not be possible as an OBS.

You then move the departments again so that you have less than 10 levels.

It appears that the higher levels are still visible as OBS levels.

How do you remove the extra levels which do not have any units associated (if you query the units from the prj_obs_units) and which are above 10?

• 2.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 05:38 PM

Because this is a financial OBS ; there are some restrictions that don't allow the user to do the same actions you could do for a regular OBS.

It is true that you could keep building more levels in a financial OBS because of the functional ability to add a parent OBS on the Department or Location.

Once these extra levels are created there is no way in the application to remove them.

• 3.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Posted Dec 01, 2015 06:08 PM

Kathryn,

We haven't gone past 10 levels yet (hopefully never) on Financial OBS.  Is there any harm leftover from not being able to remove these extra levels?  For instance, does the user still see '+' signs for expanding the Financial OBS hierarchy even when there is nothing more to expand too?

If there is no harm, less worried about it.  If there is harm, if user experience is negatively impacted, we ought to put an idea in to have this fixed (Yes, working as designed, I should say "improved" or "enhanced" - but you know me...  ).

Dale

• 4.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 06:15 PM

The lookup, browse experience should not be affected by this.

I don't see any negative impact.

• 5.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Posted Dec 01, 2015 06:44 PM

I asked this question also during the Nov 26 EMEA Office hours. I understood the overwhelming majority of responses to be the  the  Departments and the OBS you see list of OBS's are  two different  things.

Glad to see  that you seem to share my understanding  if I am not mistaken.

Since then I've seen this happen even when the  number of levels is less than then.

Say the number  of  levels is 6 and then the  Departments are reorganized so that there  is only four  levels..

The OBS still shows  6 and there  nothing the  user can do. Though this case  is "supported"

When it is not a financial structure are the extra levels once created remaining of is there some sort of clean up system which removes them?

• 6.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 12:12 PM

When a Regular OBS (non-financial) has levels where there a no units, the level can be deleted ; the check box becomes active and the user can check it and there is a 'Delete' button.

OBSLevels.JPG

• 7.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Posted Dec 03, 2015 03:37 AM

Yes, of course, thanks. I was thinking inside the box only.

• 8.  Re: How to remove the OBS levels above 10

Posted Dec 03, 2015 04:04 AM

If a department structure with more than 10 levels is used as a Data mart OBS (my recollection is that it can) the levels beyond 10 must be ignored as for the Data mart the number of max levels is 10.