Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

MQ virtualization

Anon Anon

Anon AnonNov 04, 2015 07:44 AM

• 1.  MQ virtualization

Posted Oct 30, 2015 06:06 AM

Hi, Can anyone help me on MQ virtualization from the basics please?

• 2.  Re: MQ virtualization
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 02, 2015 12:25 PM

You will probably have a better chance of getting help if you ask specific questions about what you are trying to do.  The documentation is a good starting place:

IBM WebSphere MQ Transport Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 8.5 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 3.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 04, 2015 07:44 AM

Thanks Josh!

• 4.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 03, 2015 05:29 AM

Hi, I am actually looking for a step-by-step procedure of MQ Virtualization (in DevTest 8.1). This is something that haven't done before.Which version of WebSphere best supports DevTest 8.1? Can I download that for free? Where can I get the required .jar files for WebSphere?

• 5.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:22 AM

See if this helps. You will need WebSphere for MQ release 7 or 8. I've included a step-by-step, DevTest project, and the release 7 client jars

Attachment(s)

zip
    MQ.zip   38 KB 1 version
    zip
    MQClientJar7.zip   14.04 MB 1 version

• 6.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 04, 2015 06:55 AM

Thanks Robert! that was very detailed. I wanted to try that all by myself with the help of your documentation. But somehow, when i tried downloading the WebSphere release 7, ( WebSphere MQ V7.0 90 day trial for i 5 (formerly i5/OS V5) and i6 (formerly i5/OS V6) --> this is what i tried to download) the zip file just had some readme files but no setup.exe file. Have I downloaded the correct link?

• 7.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:54 AM

Did you try the IBM Developer download site (IBM MQ Light):

IBM developerWorks : Download : IBM MQ, MQ Advanced for Developers, and MQ Light

• 8.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:58 AM

If you're still having issues getting WAS MQ, please shoot me an email with your contact information at robert.karlin@ca.com

• 9.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:58 AM

If you're looking for a setup.exe file you should download WebSphere MQ for WINDOWS, you're downloading it for OS V5i, you won't find a Windows EXE file there

• 10.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 04, 2015 11:59 AM

Yep....thanks Rafael

• 11.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Nov 09, 2015 07:00 AM

Thank You very much! I will try this out and keep you posted on how it's going

• 12.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Mar 14, 2016 09:17 AM

I found this thread and started to check it for an upcoming PoC. However, I see that the server-responder.vsm can't be opened (managed) in the DevTest Portal in 9.1. The error message is Error while accessing the Virtual Service. Close the tab and try to open it again. (500 JSON Error Parsing Retrofit Error Error parsing JSON)

Ideas anyone?

• 13.  Re: MQ virtualization

Posted Mar 14, 2016 10:26 AM
      |   view attached

Hi Bjorn -

Don't know what release of WAS MQ your're using, but wanted to check a couple things first:

• WAS MQ 7.5 (from the IBM MQ download site...advanced site for developers)...had issues with WAS MQ 8
    • Useful blog: James the Integration Guy: Integrate the World | James, The Integration Guy
    • Make sure to get the right WAS MQ jar files (referenced in the 9.1 doc):
    • Third-Party File Requirements - DevTest Solutions - 9.1 - CA Technologies Documentation and the JAR files are available in the MQ_HOME\java\lib directory.place these in LISAhome\lib\core
    • LISA_POST_CLASSPATH is set
    • Now, back to your issue....
    • I have an updated LISA project for this: MQdemo.zip (attached)
    • remove server-responder.vsm from Server Console
    • Bring up WAS MQ Explorer console and make sure all the Queue counts are zero by clearing the message (right-click, Clear Messages...)
    • Redeploy server-responder.vsm and check the Server Console to see if it deployed without errors

Attachment(s)

zip
    MQdemo.zip   37 KB 1 version

• 14.  Re: MQ virtualization