Clarity

• 1.  [Help] How to prevent ETC/Work get generated in MSP & PPM?

Posted Oct 30, 2015 12:48 PM

Background: 14.2 version, using legacy connector.

Project: we normally create project from template.

What I did so far: [Template] in our template, the Type is set to Fixed Duration, and Work is set to zero hour. [PPM] We default the value to zero for Default Allocation from Team Object.

We are having an issue that ETC got generated in PPM even though we already default the allocation to zero. The issue happens when I open the schedule in MSP and SAVE it back to PPM. It doesn't matter if I make any changes or not. Start from that point (MSP), when I do mass assignment (replace the role with a resource), the ETC will become non-zero value, and that affects the durations.

I tried to do mass assignment before I open MSP, and the issue deos not exist.

Based on the trigger action (MSP), there must be something wrong either while MSP do the calculation or the legacy connector.

Any thougth on this one? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: [Help] How to prevent ETC/Work get generated in MSP & PPM?
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 09, 2015 08:51 AM

Hi,

Just want to let you guys know this issue is already logged as a new defect in CA.

CA Support suggested us to patching the application to 14.2.0.6 because this issue deos not happen in patch 6 with New Connector.

Thanks again for your advice and help!

• 3.  Re: [Help] How to prevent ETC/Work get generated in MSP & PPM?

Posted Nov 09, 2015 01:23 PM

Thanks for the update I-hsin, just to provide some refence here - the defect in question is CLRT-79199, it is specific to the Legacy driver and still under review for a resolution.