Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

My version of Clarity is 13.2. When I try to XOG an update for Resource Finish date who is allocated to a project, the allocations from start date to the new finish date is getting wiped out. how do we go about this?

• 1.  My version of Clarity is 13.2. When I try to XOG an update for Resource Finish date who is allocated to a project, the allocations from start date to the new finish date is getting wiped out. how do we go about this?

Posted Nov 02, 2015 01:30 AM

My version of Clarity is 13.2. When I try to XOG an update for Resource Finish date who is allocated to a project, the allocations from start date to the new finish date is getting wiped out. how do we go about this?

Below is the XML I am using:

<NikuDataBus xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../xsd/nikuxog_project.xsd">

<Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="project" version="13.2.0.472"/>

<Projects>

<Project name="ABC" projectID="8P008S">

<Resources>

<Resource availTo="2011-01-01T00:00:00" resourceID="abc">

</Resource>

</Resources>

</Project>

</Projects>

</NikuDataBus>

• 2.  Re: My version of Clarity is 13.2. When I try to XOG an update for Resource Finish date who is allocated to a project, the allocations from start date to the new finish date is getting wiped out. how do we go about this?

Posted Nov 06, 2015 02:40 PM

If you provide the full XOG write and just change that one piece, does it work as expected then?

Not all XOG files are allowed to just be cut down to minimal data changes for submitting.

Furthermore, even those that do work (intentionally or not) this way, when you provide some data, there can be an expectation that other data also accompanies it (i.e. if you change a start date without also giving a finish date, then the finish date may end up being changed in a way that is undesired/unexpected).

So in this case, if you XOG out a project, retain all the existing allocations data, make the change to the availTo attribute and XOG it back in, does that make a difference compared to your earlier results with the minimal attempt?

#helpinghands

• 3.  Re: My version of Clarity is 13.2. When I try to XOG an update for Resource Finish date who is allocated to a project, the allocations from start date to the new finish date is getting wiped out. how do we go about this?

Posted Nov 16, 2015 02:44 PM

Hi Sree - Did Nick's response help you resolve your issue? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks! Chris