Service Virtualization

• 1.  registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 03, 2015 03:43 AM

I am getting an error in registry "

This registry will not be allowed to start until it can be activated by a

valid Enterprise Dashboard Server." But enterprise dashboard server was not installed while installing devtest.

• 2.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:01 AM

Hi anuj.trehan,

Thanks for your question! I've moved this question over to the DevTest Community where it's more likely that product experts will see it.

Thanks,

Melanie

• 3.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 03, 2015 11:08 PM

Thank you

• 4.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:38 AM

Enterprise Dashboard Service has the DevTest license file. The registry service needs to connect During installation of DevTest you have to either (A) provide the location of the license file to install a local Enterprise Dashboard service or (B) you need to specify the IP address (hostname, FQDN) and port number of a valid Enterprise Dashboard service. Assuming you installed DevTest according to (B) please check if the Enterprise Dashboard service is started on the specified system, and is listening on the specified port. If it does make sure that no firewall is active on or between both systems for the specified port. If you used hostname or FQDN to specify the location of the Enterprise Dashboard service make sure that the name is resolved by DNS.

• 5.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 03, 2015 11:21 PM

I got a trial version on devtest 8.0 installed. Is it possible that the enterprise dashboard service does not gets installed with demo version?

• 6.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 04, 2015 08:20 AM

Fortunately, there are no trial versions, but full featured versions only. Which DevTest 8.0 version did you install? Apart from DevTest 8.0.0 we also had released two Service Packs called DevTest 8.0.1 and DevTest 8.0.2. Our latest release is DevTest 8.5, which I recommend using if you start evaluating DevTest.

• 7.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 09, 2015 01:19 AM

I installed devtest 8.0. I have installed the version which provides both devtest server and devtest workstation. But I am still getting this error "This registry will not be allowed to start until it can be activated by a valid Enterprise Dashboard Server".

Another issue is that enterprise dashboard is not getting installed devtest server and workstation.

• 8.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 09, 2015 03:24 AM

Which of the installation alternatives that I described in my response above ((A) or (B)) did you choose? In order to better help you, please zip all the *.log file in LISA_HOME/lisatmp_<version> and attach it to your response.

• 9.  Re: registry is unable to connect to devtest workstation. Plz Help

Posted Nov 03, 2015 09:58 AM

As Ulrich mentions, at least one instance of Enterprise Dashboard must be installed somewhere on your network, and accessible by all registry systems installed later.

when u install the Dashboard, (select New dashboard from the install menu) you will be prompted for the devtest.lic file

Later when installing another system with Registry (part of Server install), you will again be prompted.. you then select use Existing, and point to the RUNNING Enterprise Dashboard previously installed.

this connection will verify the license for this (and any other ) Registry.   This connection is not tested until the Registry server runtime is started, but the value is written into the lisa.properties file