CA Service Management

• 1.  How to configure Auto escalate incident

Posted Nov 03, 2015 06:09 AM

I have a question. CA Service desk can set escalate/transfer incident to another analyst

If analyst can't reponse to update incident detail.

Step to auto escalate/transfer incident in below:

1. employee1 open incident name 'Incident1'

select Incident Area = Hardware.

2. Incident1 Assignee to Analyst1.  [Because, I Set fuction Auto assignment > Self-Service > 'Symbol = Hardware' assign to Analyst1.]

3. Analyst1 don't available in working day. [Such as He is holiday or sick very long time.]

4. I would like to  escalate/transfer to another analyst if analyst1 don't response incident within 4 hours.

How can i configure it?

Thank you,

Yutthachai

• 2.  Re: How to configure Auto escalate incident

Posted Nov 03, 2015 07:05 AM

I think that scenario you described isn't optimal,

why not to use simply availabality flag and regular location based autoassignment?

But if I had issue like this, I'll follow the next steps:

This can be done via Action macro and Service Type.

As I understood you have fixed contact in your category template and autoassignment setted as Disabled.

Next scenario should work for you:

- add group to the category autoassign table (which is used for location based assignment);

- Assignee2 should be member of that group and have Available flag;

- Create event and call it "Autoassign" (or whatever you like);

- Create condition macro with constraint you desided, which gives you inforamtion that ticket isn't in work, example: assigne.available=0 or status = OP or something else

- Create action macro which will call autoassign with followed code:

cr::auto_assign_call(assignee, group, customer, affected_resource, category, 1, persistent_id, 1);

OR

cr::auto_assign_call(assignee, group, customer, affected_resource, category, 0, persistent_id, 1);

can't remember that flag

- Link event, condition macro and action macro as action on True;

- Add newly created event to your Service Type with 4 hours delay (you can access it directly from category);

- If you don't use service type, then go to Activity notifications and add this event to INIT activity.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: How to configure Auto escalate incident

Posted Nov 03, 2015 10:19 PM

Hi cdtj,

I try to follow on you step, and i can't create action macro.

can you explain it?

Regards,

Yutthachai

• 4.  Re: How to configure Auto escalate incident

Posted Nov 05, 2015 03:12 AM

• 5.  Re: How to configure Auto escalate incident

Posted Nov 03, 2015 07:42 AM

Hi from my point of view it is always best practice to initialy perform group assigment then particular analyst that belongs to the group can take incident from the group basket. If nobody takes it and  incident does not have assignee for x minutes or hours from creation you can perform escalation to group supervisor then to incident manage CIO and etc.