Clarity

• 1.  Asset allocation by periods

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2015 05:21 AM

Hi All. I have the following request for a customer. They define an asset and define the cost plan for that asset on, say, 3 years. The asset will be used (and paid) by 2 or more projects that can be even overlapped in time.

So, for example, they have Project 1 starting on January, 1st and ending on June 30th. Project 2 starts on April, 1st and ends December 31st. The need is to allocate the cost of the asset at 100% to project 1 from January to April, at 60% to project 1 and 40% to project 2 from April and June, and 100% to project 2 from July to December.

By using Hierarchies, it seems it's not possible to define Allocation % by period, so I wandoer if either I'm missing something or if someone else already found this problema nd would like to share the solution.

Thanks in advance

Fabio

• 2.  Re: Asset allocation by periods

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2015 01:37 PM

You are correct.  The current functionality for Hierarchies is to designate the overall allocation percentage to the parent investment.

This sounds like it might be an interesting functionality to have a top-down forecasting functionality using allocation percentages.  You can log an idea on the community.

As for an interim solution, It seem that you may need to create manual cost plans to accomplish your goal and perhaps using the advanced reporting you can roll up the individual cost plans.  You can create a crosstab report in Jaspersoft to group by cost plan groupings and select specific investments for rollup into one report.