Clarity

• 1.  Whitch slice request to use for getting the Unit value from Project BUDGET plan

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 10:35 AM

Hi,

I'm using Clarity R14.2, and I would like to know or understand witch Slice requests to use for extracting by Year (or month,or wathever) the Budget Plan in order to make a NSQL portlet query.

Below a sample of a Budget plan associated with a project :

I've try to look into the configuration (Administration > Data Administration > Time Slices), but I'vent find any request to respond to my need. bellow there are the tests done:

(Reference documentation here)

NamePRJ_BLB_SLICEREQUESTS.FIELDOutput TableResult
    Project::Detailed Budget Cost5000029 (not found in documentation)ODF_SL_BUDGET_COST

Data populated, but not all budget plan are associated

to a result, and when there is one, I can't find the relationship

between the result and what I expect !

Project::Detailed Budget Operating Cost5002011 (not found in documentation)ODF_SL_BUDGET_COST_OP

Data populated, but does not correspond to

a FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS.ID

or FIN_PLANS.ID entry ?

Project::Detailed Budget Actual Benefit5002012 (not found in documentation)ODF_SL_BUDGET_ACT_BENEmpty table
    Project::Detailed Budget Benefit5000026 (not found in documentation)ODF_SL_BUDGET_BENEFITEmpty table
    Project::Detailed Budget Captital Cost5002009 (not found in documentation)ODF_SL_BUDGET_COST_CAPEmpty table

Extract of Technical doc regarding PRJ_BLB_SLICEREQUESTS.FIELD meaning :

NameData TypeComment
    FIELDFIELD : NUMBER : NULLData column being sliced. Values are: ¦      0 = PRAssignment.prActCurve ¦      1 = PRAssignment.prEstCurve ¦      2 = Current assignment usage ¦      3 = PRJ_RESOURCES.prAvailCurve ¦      4 = PRTeam.prAllocCurve ¦      5 = PRTimeEntry.prActCurve ¦      6 = Current team usage ¦      7 = Current task usage ¦      8 = Current project usage ¦      9 = Current assignment cost ¦      10 = Current team cost ¦      11 = Current task cost ¦      12 = Current project cost ¦      13 = Non-current assignment usage ¦      14 = Non-current team usage ¦      15 = Non-current task usage ¦      16 = Non-current project usage ¦      17 = Non-current assignment cost ¦      18 = Non-current team cost ¦      19 = Non-current task cost ¦      20 = Non-current project cost ¦      21 = Tentative estimates

Please not that I want to retreive the Unit amount not a cost.

The following query has been use to test the result :

SELECT

I.ID,

I.CODE,

FP.NAME,

FP.ID FP_ID,

FPD.ID FPD_ID,

FPD.TOTAL_UNITS,

R.UNIQUE_NAME,

SL.SLICE_DATE,

SL.SLICE

FROM

INV_INVESTMENTS I

INNER JOIN FIN_PLANS FP ON (FP.OBJECT_ID = I.ID AND FP.OBJECT_CODE =  I.ODF_OBJECT_CODE AND FP.IS_PLAN_OF_RECORD = 1 AND PLAN_TYPE_CODE = 'BUDGET')

INNER JOIN FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS FPD on (FPD.PLAN_ID = FP.ID)

INNER JOIN SRM_RESOURCES R ON (R.ID = FPD.ROLE_ID)

--INNER JOIN ODF_SL_BUDGET_COST_M SL ON (SL.PRJ_OBJECT_ID = FPD.ID)

WHERE

I.CODE = '<prjcode>'

I've made several try by replacing the highlighted red table with some found n the PRJ_BLBSLICEREQUESTS table.

So definitively I've surly done a mistake somewhere, any help, sample or documentation link will be appreciated !

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Whitch slice request to use for getting the Unit value from Project BUDGET plan

Posted Nov 05, 2015 11:06 AM

If you are looking at the planned data on the budget, you should look at -

odf_ssl_cst_dtl_cost cst

fin_cost_plan_details dtl

fin_plans fin

Join conditions

cst.prj_object_id = dtl.id and

dtl.plan_id = fin.id and

fin.is_plan_of_record = 1 and

fin.object_id = <project_id> and

fin.plan_type_code = 'BUDGET

For the budgeted benefit, I guess that would be populated if you have a benefit plan linked to your budget plan.

Also, check these -

Budget Financial Plans Details

https://communities.ca.com/message/5199291#5199291

Project - Financial Plans - Budget - Actual  field is mapped to which table

https://communities.ca.com/message/241818181#241818181

NJ

• 3.  Re: Whitch slice request to use for getting the Unit value from Project BUDGET plan
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 05, 2015 11:33 AM

Hi navzjoshi00,

You have point me in right direction.

To adjust the answer, As I'm looking for unit of the budget plan, the table have a different name : odf_ssl_cst_dtl_units

I've tested with the following query :

SELECT

I.ID,

I.CODE,

FP.NAME,

FP.ID FP_ID,

FPD.ID FPD_ID,

FPD.TOTAL_UNITS,

R.UNIQUE_NAME,

SL.START_DATE,

SL.SLICE *365

FROM

INV_INVESTMENTS I

INNER JOIN FIN_PLANS FP ON (FP.OBJECT_ID = I.ID AND FP.OBJECT_CODE =  I.ODF_OBJECT_CODE AND FP.IS_PLAN_OF_RECORD = 1 AND PLAN_TYPE_CODE = 'BUDGET')

INNER JOIN FIN_COST_PLAN_DETAILS FPD on (FPD.PLAN_ID = FP.ID)

INNER JOIN SRM_RESOURCES R ON (R.ID = FPD.ROLE_ID)

INNER JOIN odf_ssl_cst_dtl_units SL ON (SL.PRJ_OBJECT_ID = FPD.ID)          

WHERE

(1=1)

AND I.CODE = '<Project Code>'

Please note the "time 365" after SL.SLICE. This is due du the fact that we got Yearly Fiscal period, and the odf_ssl_cst_dtl_units.SLICE correspond to the number of unit dived by the number of day in the fiscal period.

Problem solved !

Thanks for the hint !

• 4.  Re: Whitch slice request to use for getting the Unit value from Project BUDGET plan

Posted Nov 06, 2015 03:08 AM

You're welcome

NJ