Clarity

• 1.  Approved Idea Partition changes automatically to System

Posted Nov 06, 2015 12:09 PM

Hi,

Recently we upgraded to 14 Version of Clarity.

We noticed that If an Idea is Approved the Partition gets changed to System automatically.

Has anyone faced this issue?

Please let me know the solution.

Step to reproduce :-

1. Create an Idea in Partition other than System

2. Approve the Idea

3. Check the Created Idea again as in Step 1.

Regards

Kaushal Kishore

• 2.  Re: Approved Idea Partition changes automatically to System

Posted Nov 06, 2015 01:25 PM

I am seeing the same behaviour myself on 14.3, whilst I cannot think of a reason why that should happen I could be wrong.  I did not find any existing defects proposed for this so I would recommend reporting it in via a support issue so it can be determined either way.

#helpinghands

• 3.  Re: Approved Idea Partition changes automatically to System

Posted Nov 09, 2015 05:25 AM

Thanks Nick for Confirming.

Even I think It might be a bug since the behavior is only when you approve the Idea from Approve Button on Idea List Grid.

It doesn't happen when you approve an Individual Idea from Idea properties page.

Anyways, let see if someone else has faced the Issue and have a workaround for the same.

Regards

Kaushal Kishore

• 4.  Re: Approved Idea Partition changes automatically to System
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 11, 2015 10:27 AM

A defect has been logged for this now, it has been assigned the id CLRT-79246.  The only workarounds will involve those that are able to somehow pick up on these changes and set them back again - possibly via a combination of Auditing and Processes.

• 5.  Re: Approved Idea Partition changes automatically to System

Posted Dec 15, 2015 04:58 PM

We are seeing this behavior in 14.2 when setting the status to Approved via a system action based on an AI response, so it doesn't appear to occur only when approving via the list view.

Coincidentally, the system action is the workaround listed on that defect, which has completely wrong "Steps to Reproduce"