IT Process Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

When using the Query Database Operator does it use an Active Directory defined user

• 1.  When using the Query Database Operator does it use an Active Directory defined user

Posted Nov 09, 2015 10:22 AM

I am trying to use the Query Database operator for a SQL Server database.  My user is defined in Active Directory, and has read access to the database.  When I specify this user in the Server Login details it fails with a 'Login failed for user' message.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: When using the Query Database Operator does it use an Active Directory defined user
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2015 09:06 AM

This may be related to the way Sql Server is setup to handle logins.  Make sure you can login as a Windows user directly to Sql Server.  My understanding is that SQL server can also be setup for only one type of authentication remotely so perhaps Windows Authentication is blocked when accessing the database remotely (like from PAM).  So you might check with your DBA on this.

Other than that, make sure if there is a domain name involved in the user name that it is included correctly in the PAM operator.  You might also check the database logs to make sure the userid is coming through as you expect it to.