Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Ability to present a virtual IP on a gateway cluster

Posted Nov 10, 2015 10:02 AM

I was wondering if it was even considered to add the ability to configure a Virtual IP (VIP) address on a gateway cluster, for example using VRRP, so a loadbalancer is no longer required. Many of our customers use a gateway cluster for availability and load balancing is not a requirement because traffic volumes are fairly low. It would help if they can use a VIP address instead of a loadbalancer to direct traffic to both gateways and have an automatic failover mechanism.

Before creating an idea for this, I wanted to ask if this has already been considered and if others also see the requirement of a load balancer as a problem sometimes.

Michiel

• 2.  Re: Ability to present a virtual IP on a gateway cluster
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2015 05:36 PM

Michiel,

We have had this request from other customers in the past and it is being tracked in our systems as SSG-6379. I would recommend that you create an idea that speaks to this so you can elaborate on the information you have already provided and gather additional insight from our community.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Ability to present a virtual IP on a gateway cluster

Posted Nov 25, 2015 04:56 PM

Thanks for the response Stephen. I have created the idea here: Ability to present a virtual IP on a gateway cluster