Symantec IGA

• 1.  Installing Identity Governance 12.6 SP4 using JDK 1.8u65

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2015 07:54 PM

We are trying to install 12.6 SP4 using JDK 1.8u65, as the customer would prefer to run on JBOSS EAP 6.3.0.  When we try to run the installer, we immediately get an error that states the JVM cannot be located on the local machine.  If we install JDK 1.6u45, the install proceeds without issue.  Has anyone run into this problem?   Is there a work around for this issue?

• 2.  Re: Installing Identity Governance 12.6 SP4 using JDK 1.8u65

Posted Nov 12, 2015 09:47 AM

Per support matrix (https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/0/8247/8247_r126SP4_PSM.pdf ) , IG supports JDK 1.8.x usage with JBOSS EAP 6.3.3 only and not 6.3.0 . I cannot remember how I did this at a previous project, but I believe the installer looks for the specific versions of JBOSS and JDK.

• 3.  Re: Installing Identity Governance 12.6 SP4 using JDK 1.8u65

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2015 04:30 AM

Hello Melissa,

The error you've described is an InstallAnywhere error on Java8 - the installer infrastructure (Flexera) is not compatible with the Oracle's new Java8 folders hierarchy.

You may try this work-around:

Run the installer using a command line with the following argument: LAX_VM

i.e.

Open Windows command line (cmd) and type:

InstCAIdentityGovernance.exe LAX_VM "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk_version\bin\java.exe"

Naor

• 4.  Re: Installing Identity Governance 12.6 SP4 using JDK 1.8u65

Posted Nov 25, 2015 08:27 AM

HI Mellisa,

I recommend you follow the instructions of CA compatibility matrix for the product (IG). JBOSS to be an open source product may have abnormal behavior for different versions of JDK not supported. So for the installation of IG or any other CA product installed by using JBOSS as application server follow the advice of the compatibility matrix for a successful installation.

• 5.  Re: Installing Identity Governance 12.6 SP4 using JDK 1.8u65
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2015 06:37 PM

In order to run 12.6.04 on JBOSS 6.3, you need to first install with the OOTB version of JBOSS with JDK 1.6.  Then you can install JDK 1.8 and follow the migration instructions in the CA-IdentityGovernance-12.6.04-Core\Utils&Conf\JBossEAP6\readme.txt file to migrate the installation to JBOSS 6.3.

As an aside, getting the server to run as a service after migrating was quite a challenge.  I will post a separate discussion, as I could not find any documentation on how to do this.