AnsweredAssumed Answered

How To Rename A Backend

Question asked by SeanStidman4452316 on Nov 17, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 by KulbirNijjer

When looking at the backends for one of my JBoss based applications, Introscope has decided to name one of the JDBC backends as follows:

jdbc%mercury%oracle%;catalogoptions=2;connectionretrydelay=1;bulkloadbatchsize=1000;supportlinks=false;maxpooledstatements=0;keystore=;stringparamsmustmatchcharcolumns=true;programid=;enablecanceltimeout=false;truststorepassword=;validateservercertificate=true;codepageoverride=;refcursorsupport=true;keystorepassword=;editionname=;connectionretrycount=5;sendfloatparametersasstring=false;commitbehavior=serverdefault;enablebulkload=false;tnsservername=bsmprdpry;batchperformanceworkaround=true;dataintegritytypes=(md5,sha1);initializationstring=;failoverpreconnect=false;reportrecyclebin=true;enableserverresultcache=false;resultsetmetadataoptions=0;clientuser=;querytimeout=0;hostnameincertificate=;failovergranularity=nonatomic;wireprotocolmode=2;applicationname=mercury_as data direct jdbc driver;javadoubletostring=false;loadlibrarypath=;initialcolumnbuffersize=-1;importstatementpool=;alternateservers=;encryptiontypes=(aes128,aes192,aes256,des,3des112,3des168,rc4_40,rc4_56,rc4_128,rc4_256);sdusize=;dataintegritylevel=rejected;action=;keypassword=;bulkloadoptions=0;module=mercury_as data direct jdbc driver;encryptionmethod=noencryption;accountinginfo=;convertnull=1;truststore=;tnsnamesfile=d%\hpbsm\conf\bsm-tnsnames.ora;failovermode=select;jdbcbehavior=1;authenticationmethod=auto;logintimeout=30;servicename=;servertype=;loadbalancing=false;workarounds=0;sid=;insensitiveresultsetbuffersize=2048;sysloginrole=;clienthostname=;encryptionlevel=rejected;fetchtswtzastimestamp=false;clientid=mercury_as data direct jdbc driver

That is an absurdly long name.  I'm not sure exactly how the the agent decided upon that name but it is making things a bit messy, such as the triage map.  Is there a way to instruct the agent to use another name?  Any clue why the agent decided to use this name?  It looks more like a list of options for the JDBC connection.  This is some sort of vendor developed JDBC driver, not a standard Oracle JDBC driver.  My guess is that has something to do with why the odd name was chosen.

Thank you.

Outcomes