AnsweredAssumed Answered

Policy Manager + Import Certificates?

Question asked by acalbazana on Nov 19, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 by Stephen_Hughes

Hello,

I'd like to check something with the group before I open a case...

I am interested in locking down Restman for migration users.  I planned on using a certificate to do this; however, I'm running into trouble while testing this.

I'm using the instructions from the wiki documentation here - Configure GMU and Gateways for Migration - CA API Gateway - 8.4 - CA Technologies Documentation

I am able to get through key creation, certificate export, user creation, and user certificate association successfully.  However, when I go to test my user with the associated certificate using Policy Manager, I run into trouble.  I expect to import the exported certificate into Policy Manager.  When I add the p12 file, Policy Manager complains that it cannot read the certificate:

Is this expected behavior?  Or do I need to do something else to get this to work?

I wanted to make sure I was able to login using a certificate before I moved on to using it through GMU.

Related...  To enforce login with a certificate, do I need to modify the Restman policy in any special way?  I noticed that there is a Basic Auth. assertion, do I really need that!?  The out of the box policy for Restman also has an assertion for SSL (but certificate checks are not selected).  Seems like I would need to modify it to suite my needs.  Just checking if that's safe.

Policy Manager 8.4

JDK 8

Windows, Linux, and Mac clients

Thanks!

Alejandro

Outcomes