CA Service Management

• 1.  ITAM 14.1 Data Importer Issue

Posted Nov 20, 2015 02:56 PM

Hi Team,

I am using ITAM 14.1 data importer to import assets and I am getting some issue.

As for example:-

I have uploaded the csv and mapped perfectly with csv source field to destination field,but when I am saving the mappings , I am getting two extra field already mapped by default after saving the import.So now I get two fields for Asset Family(one mapped with source field by me and the another by default not mapped with anything) and two field for Asset Class(one mapped with source field in csv by me and another by default (%subtypeId%).

So no assets are getting uploaded and import job is completed with errors.I saw error in import log something like "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

I recently had uploaded many assets using Data importer successfully and sometimes I saw this default automatic field mapping related issue but I could delete these default fields then.But now, I could not even delete the default two mappings(Asset Family,Asset Class) or any other mapped field. When trying to delete any mapped field, getting the following error-

(System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. at CA.Common.Web.Services.DataBroker.SaveCachedValuesToDatabase(List`1 uniqueCacheGroupIdList) at CA.Common.Web.UI.BasePage.SaveButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e))

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks

Manirul

• 2.  Re: ITAM 14.1 Data Importer Issue

Posted Nov 20, 2015 06:15 PM

Hi Manirul_Hak,

If your import is 'asset - all families', then the minimum required map fields will be:

asset model name

asset family

asset class

If your import is 'asset - <specific family>, then you do not need to add the asset family to the mapping,
    but you will need the asset model name, and the asset class. 

Once you save the mapping, then the importer will add the %subtypeid% fields it needs.

Do not remove the %subtypeid% fields - however, if this mapping is corrupt, you may need to create a fresh import with the above minimum fields.

I suspect the import is missing the asset model name.  If you can upload a screenshot of your mapping, I can help further.

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: ITAM 14.1 Data Importer Issue

Posted Nov 20, 2015 09:44 PM

Hi Manirul_Hak,

I've run into a similar issue when creating models of all families using the Data Importer, and I've currently a ticket open with support on this and I'm awaiting a fix.

Therefore if Gale's response doesn't help you I would recommend opening a ticket with support.

Thanks,

John Sorensen

CA Technologies

• 4.  Re: ITAM 14.1 Data Importer Issue

Posted Nov 23, 2015 08:13 AM

Hi,

I had the same issue with 14.1 SP1. The Import of Assets / Models for All Families is not working.

This is fixed by T57T039.

Best regards,
    Markus

• 5.  Re: ITAM 14.1 Data Importer Issue

Posted Nov 26, 2015 02:49 AM

Thanks to all.

Regards,

Manirul