Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Siteminder Global(Validate-Authorize) Mapping:

Posted Nov 24, 2015 01:31 PM

Hi,

Is there any mapping in Siteminder in which we can validate through one user directory and authorize against another user directory?

Issue:Through Single sign from some other policy server , i get validateaccept and then azreject against  the directory that exist in the first Policy server. Is there any mapping where we can validate through one directory and after validate accept , the authorization takes place in some other directory which checks for universal id not the whole DN.

In identity mapping , first authentication has to take place and then we can validate or authorize from some other directory but I don't see any mapping which is Validate-Authorize mapping.

@

• 2.  Re: Siteminder Global(Validate-Authorize) Mapping:
    Best Answer

• 3.  Re: Siteminder Global(Validate-Authorize) Mapping:

Posted Nov 24, 2015 05:32 PM

Thanks Ujwol. Identity mapping in Auth-Authz Mapping. The user has to authenticate first and then authorize. My requirement is that the user validates first through one directory and then authorize through other directory.

• 4.  Re: Siteminder Global(Validate-Authorize) Mapping:

Posted Nov 24, 2015 05:38 PM

My guess is AZ mapping still works for your use case..If you haven't tried it already can you give it a go ?

• 5.  Re: Siteminder Global(Validate-Authorize) Mapping:

Posted May 02, 2019 04:28 AM

Hi Palak, Did you get any solution to your problem of validation from one directory and authentication/authorize from another directory?