Plex 2E

• 1.  CA Full application lifecycle apps that integrate with CA Plex?

Posted Nov 25, 2015 09:30 AM

Hi,

We would like to have applications to do:

1. Project Management
    2. Version/Feature/Bug Control
    3. Deployment/Release Management

Are there any of these types of applications (from CA's portfolio) that integrate with Plex or that you recommend to use alongside Plex and manage Plex projects?

For what I've searched , there's CA PPM for project management PPM Software & Tools - CA Clarity PPM - CA Technologies

• 2.  Re: CA Full application lifecycle apps that integrate with CA Plex?

Posted Nov 25, 2015 10:04 AM

Hi Nelson,

CA have the same issues as ISV have when trying to achieve devops & continuous development with CA Plex and I have written about the diffculties here: Remain TD/OMS - Stella Tools (CA Plex Developer Tools)

Please read True integration may be a step too far

"CA Plex compiled objects are deployed to many platforms and it would be wholly unfair to assume that CA Plex should manage this deployment. There are dedicated Change Management & Deployment tools that have integrated with CA Plex with True integration may be a step too far but with the introduction of Model API and especially Plex Macros for Add ins the possibilities have increased."

"In the case of CM First's Matchpoint Product it offers in my opinion the closest integration to CA Plex possible aided by the fact it is written in CA Plex and so no need for the intermediate Model API dialog.

With Softlanding's Turnover (originally written in CA Plex) and Remain's TD/OMS both being Eclipse based, wouldn't it be nice (well we can dream) to make the CA Plex IDE into Eclipse."

Regards

• 3.  Re: CA Full application lifecycle apps that integrate with CA Plex?

Posted Nov 25, 2015 10:47 AM

Hi Nelson -

have a look at Application Lifecycle Management

If there are any questions please drop a note to christoph.heinrich@cmfirstgroup.com

Best regards

Lorenz