Clarity

• 1.  Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 25, 2015 02:21 PM

Hi,

In Clarity all allocations display portlets like Workloads, Allocations and Resource Allocations(and other system portlets)  portlets display weekly allocations with start day of week as Monday. Is there any way we can change this to display allocations with start day as Saturday?

Ex: Allocations for 4 weeks will be displayed as 11/23, 11/30, 12/07, 12/14.---All stating from Monday of every week

Is there any way I can change this to display to show allocations like 11/21, 11/28, 12/05, 12/12.

We are on on demand clarity

• 2.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 25, 2015 02:47 PM

I should say the answer is no.

The main reason being that the slices used in those portlets are the system slices and they are not user configurable ie. you do nto see them in the Time Slices page.

For discussion in this area see

Re: New CA Tuesday Tip by Shawn Moore -Time Slicing 101 - Part 3

Re: Timeslices - Update System time slice roll over interval

Re: Changing Time Slice Start Day

• 3.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 30, 2015 12:38 PM

Thanks for the reply Urmas.

In my company actually we are generating reports based on the allocation data by using start date of the week as Saturday. In order to avoid confusion for users we are thinking of displaying allocations on clarity portlets with start date of the week as Saturday instead of Monday.

Is there any workaround you can suggest? Or you say it is impossible to achieve?

• 4.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 30, 2015 01:32 PM

What is your "First Day of the Work Week" value set to, Mon or Sat? (Admin > Project Management >  Settings)

• 5.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 30, 2015 02:19 PM

Hi Elias,

Thanks for the reply.

First Day of the Work Week is set to 'Sat' in Admin > Project Management >  Settings

• 6.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 30, 2015 02:30 PM

What is the From date on your weekly timeslices (WEEKLYRESOURCEALLOCCURVE / 55558, for example), does it start on a Mon or Sat? Not too long ago we had what I think was a similar issue, our work week starts on Sun and the Clarity views showed correctly, but when trying to do external reporting (BOXI), it wasn't matching up as our timeslices were starting on Mon so the weekly start dates never matched. We had to update all the start dates to be on Sun and then everything lined up correctly. This is definitely something you'll want to test out in a non-prod environment though, be warned.

• 7.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 30, 2015 03:24 PM

Hi Elias,

Start date on WEEKLYRESOURCEALLOCCURVE / 55558 is Monday.  My Initial expectation was all clarity system portlets display allocations with start date of the week as Saturday(because we had start date of week set to 'Sat' in 'Sat' in Admin > Project Management >  Settings). But allocations on system portlets displaying with start date of the week as Monday.

Then I thought this may be because of weekly alloc/avail time slices and i changed all weekly slices(in development) to a date that corresponds to Sat. After this change also I didn't notice any change in the allocation display portlets and still displaying with Monday as start of the week.

• 8.  Re: Need help with Allocation Display on Clarity portlets

Posted Nov 30, 2015 03:33 PM

Looks like I was misthinking this, most of our clarity views have been changed to Monthly slices so I went and changed a system on to weekly to make sure I was on the right track and its also still starting on Monday, it may only be portlets looking at custom slices that can be "fixed" as urmas alluded to above, the system ones are "stuck" on Monday. Sorry for the misinformation