Clarity

• 1.  How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1

Posted Nov 25, 2015 11:27 PM

Hi Everyone,

The CA PPM 14.3 Documentation says that Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1 is included with the product.

But I couldn't find it for download in the download centre. I checked the clients folder after extracting ISO and couldn't find it as well.

Does anyone have an idea on this ?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

Bhargav.

• 2.  Re: How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 26, 2015 01:51 AM

Hi Bhargav,

I will check with the team and come back, as far as I am aware we are stopping support for BO from Dec 2015 and hence stopped providing the software. I will update once I hear back.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 3.  Re: How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1

Posted Nov 26, 2015 06:50 AM

Thank you Suman.

• 4.  Re: How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2015 10:56 AM

Thank you both for bringing this to our attention. It may be ambiguous in the documentation. I have submitted a formal request to examine and update any potentially misleading details. Crystal Reports and Business Objects support is ending as we transition to Jaspersoft. See https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/5590/5590_Jaspersoft_FAQ.pdf for details.

Using the new ad hoc reporting and dashboards is considered a wise new investment whereas effort on migrating and converting old reports may not represent an economically feasible investment of resources and time. Also be aware that CA Services can assist customers with reporting services that may include a PPM information strategy assessment, migration and conversion assistance, and report development and rationalization.

• 5.  Re: How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2015 03:01 PM

Yes, we did indeed have some changes to the documentation that were not entirely clear in various sections. CA has dropped Crystal Reports (CR) dating back to CA PPM Release 14.2 for new deployments while allowing an adequate window of time for existing customers to migrate. CA Clarity PPM 14.1 was the last release to include CR. Our documentation at wiki.ca.com is scheduled for a refresh on or around Dec 7. Thank you again.

• 6.  Re: How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 02:11 AM

Thanks Damon

• 7.  Re: How to get Crystal Reports 2011 SP8 Patch1

Posted Dec 01, 2015 03:51 AM

Thanks Damon !