Clarity

• 1.  GEL - read files from external host

Posted Nov 26, 2015 12:39 PM

Hi all,

I would like to be able to read files from different hosts of the same environment. This is the case:

Production environment is composed of 4 hosts. 2 of them run app and bg service, the other 2 just app service.

As far as I know, the processes are executed in the bg service, therefore, the gel scripts inside processes are too. Therefore, I would only be able to read files from those hosts that run bg services.

How could I read files from hosts that are not running the bg service via GEL inside processes?

In particular, I would like to read the app-access log file of certain day from all the hosts of the environment.

Has anyone come up with a solution inside Clarity? (I'm aware it could be done directly via scripting in Linux, for instance, but that would require external maintenance)

Thanks.

Regards,

DB

• 2.  Re: GEL - read files from external host
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 26, 2015 03:10 PM

You could use the com.niku.union.gel.FTPTagLibrary to pull files off different hosts as long as you have an ftp demon / service running on those hosts.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec439805.aspx

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: GEL - read files from external host

Posted Nov 27, 2015 05:00 AM

Thanks Gene, I'll try that.

Regards,

Daniel