DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CEM Reports Customisation

Legacy User

Legacy UserNov 30, 2015 07:53 AM

• 1.  CEM Reports Customisation

Posted Nov 27, 2015 02:18 AM

Hi Team,

I want to know whether it is possible to customise business value report in CEM so that we can remove the $ sign that come along with the IT value, Incident Cost etc fields in that report. If yes, how we can do that?

Also I want to know whether it is possible to add our own custom field (let's say Score) in the business value report that show value depending on the values stored in out of the box fields (like Total Business Value for example) after doing some basic calculations on those fields. If yes, how we can do that?

Thanks & Regards,

Balram Singh Deswal

• 2.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2015 05:16 PM

Hi Balram,

OOTB CEM report customisation is not available but you can use the Export Data option under the CEM tab to generate a csv file and then build your own custom report.

Other than that there may be offerings available from our Professional Services organisation which one of my Services colleagues may be able to comment on.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Posted Nov 30, 2015 07:53 AM

Hi Lynn,

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Balram

• 4.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2015 08:22 AM

In addition to the Export Data option there is the old CEM export data tool which the source is provided. So an enterprising Java type could modify the report output.

• 5.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Posted Dec 06, 2015 09:43 PM

Hi Hallett,

Thanks for your response.

I want to know whether this CEM export data tool needs to be installed separately or it comes along with the standard installation of APM. Kindly provide a brief detail regarding this.

Regards,

Balram

• 6.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2015 09:47 PM

It's a standalone java application. It's available in the community documents. Do a search for tag "fieldpack" and download the one for either APM 9.0 or 9.1+.

• 7.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Posted Dec 06, 2015 10:07 PM

Hi Haruhiko,

Thanks for your response.

I found several products related to "fieldpack" tag search but coudn't find the one related to the customisation of report output. If possible, can you please provide me a link for the same.

Regards,

Balram

• 8.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2015 10:11 PM

There are only two that have the words "CEM" and "data export tool" in the title.

• 9.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Posted Dec 06, 2015 10:28 PM

I got one cemexporttool91.zip which is created about an year ago. Will it work with APM 10?

• 10.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2015 10:32 PM

Should work just fine. If there's any technical issues, please open a support ticket as it will need more attention than what we can do on the community.

• 11.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Posted Dec 06, 2015 10:37 PM

Surely I will open a support ticket in case of any technical issues.

I more thing, can I do the following type of customisations with the cem reports using this tool:

• Remove the '$' sign that comes with IT value, Incident cost etc fields
    • Add a user defined field that can show data after calculation on basic pre defined fields

• 12.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 06, 2015 10:47 PM

You will need to do this on your own after the extraction. You can easily ignore the column using many data analysis and BI programs.

• 13.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2015 10:59 AM

Hi Balram:

I was on vacation. Hiko answered your response on the export tool being a separate binary to download.

Thanks

Hal German

• 14.  Re: CEM Reports Customisation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 21, 2015 08:27 AM

One more thing: the '$' symbol is dependent on your locale. In most EU countries you will get '€' instead. Have you tried with your country in the browser settings?