CA Service Management

• 1.  tomcat version question

Posted Nov 27, 2015 10:06 AM

Hello team!

We still on CA SDM 12.7 CP2 and sometimes tomcat is crashing without any reason or apparent error.

Recently I came across an article about Tomcat update,

so I wish to ask which version of Tomcat is recommended for use with 12.7 SDM?

We have installed OOTB version 7.0.23 and JRE version is 1.6.0_30,

is anyone knows about positive influence of Tomcat update?

Will update improve its stability?

Regards,

cdtj

• 2.  Re: tomcat version question
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2015 09:02 PM

Hi CDTJ,

According to the certification matrix, JRE Java 1.7.0_51 is supported and should address known vulnerability issues. You need to install the patch RO67439 which helps JRE to work correctly.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 3.  Re: tomcat version question

Posted Nov 30, 2015 01:39 AM

Thanks, Naveen!

My question about JRE seems to be resolved,

I'll check and apply that patch asap (if not already applied).

But I still have a question about tomcat version, mostly due on this techdoc: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec616742.aspx

Regards,

cdtj

• 4.  Re: tomcat version question

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 12:21 PM

Cdtj,

To my knowledge there isn't a significant performance increase provided by upgrading Tomcat. The majority of people that I've worked with that have upgraded Tomcat was to resolve a vulnerability issue in earlier releases. The document you linked to showed the upgrade to 7.0.55, but you should be able to safely go to Tomcat 7.0.65 using the same steps. You cannot, however, use any version of Tomcat 8 or 9.

• 5.  Re: tomcat version question

Posted Dec 02, 2015 12:03 AM

Thanks for the reply, Alexander,

I thought same

But 4 days after maintainse, when we upgraded tomcat to 7.0.65, tomcat started to crashing every 2 hours, untill we restored it to 7.0.23 version.

So I'm leaving my mind to switch to a newer version within SDM12.7.

Regards.