Symantec Access Management

• 1.  CA SSO Web Agent compatibility

Posted Nov 27, 2015 03:11 AM

Dear all,

how can I find out which WebAgents (primarily Apache and IIS) are compatible with a Policy Server (CA SSO 12.52 SP1)?

thanks in advance,

Christian

• 2.  Re: CA SSO Web Agent compatibility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 08:35 AM

Hi Christian,

Please use this link, you would be prompted to provide your user name / password for the support portal.

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/5262/5262_SiteMinder_12_52_SP1_Platform_Support.pdf

Once you open this file, look at the section "Web Agent & Web Agent Option Pack (WAOP)"

In this file, we are providing details of all the Webservers where the Agent can be deployed, and this file is for R12.52 and R12.52 SP1.

Let us know if this is what you are looking for.

Thanks and Regards,

Reatesh Sanghi.

• 3.  Re: CA SSO Web Agent compatibility

Posted Nov 27, 2015 09:22 AM

Dear Reatesh,

thanks for the link. I was aware of that document, but I couldnt find the answer to our issue at hand:

we are upgrading our siteminder policy servers from 12.5 CR03 to 12.52 SP1. Which Siteminder webagents - that were supportet against the 12.50 policy servers - are still supported when we are upgrading to 12.52 SP1 policy servers?

same for our other policy server farm which is still on 12.00: which agents that work fine with 12.00 will not be any longer supported when we attach them to a 12.52 SP1 policy server?

Or ist this a silly qustion anyway as all versions of Siteminder webagents are supported by all policy server versions (what I assume - but I am not 100% sure)?

thanks in advance,

Christian

• 4.  Re: CA SSO Web Agent compatibility
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2015 11:36 AM

Hi Christian,

As a general rule of thumb, a lower version of the web agent would work fine with a higher version of Policy Server. This means that the R12.x agents would still work with R12.5x Policy Server.

Please do lookup at the wiki.ca.com for information on the upgrade process, the link for your reference is below.

Upgrading - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP2 - CA Technologies Documentation

Thanks and Regards,

Reatesh.