Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

All baseline usage for team is at 0, tasks baseline usage are correct, and a report off the baseline shows the baseline for team members correctly. What could be going wrong?

• 1.  All baseline usage for team is at 0, tasks baseline usage are correct, and a report off the baseline shows the baseline for team members correctly. What could be going wrong?

Posted Dec 01, 2015 12:35 PM

We have a strange situation occurring on a project:

• Baseline Usage is showing as 0 for every single Resource
    • Baseline Usage for tasks is showing correctly
    • A report off the baseline is showing baseline usage correctly

What could be going wrong here?

• 2.  Re: All baseline usage for team is at 0, tasks baseline usage are correct, and a report off the baseline shows the baseline for team members correctly. What could be going wrong?

Posted Dec 11, 2015 03:41 PM

Not sure if you are using MSP but I’m seeing the same results after saving a plan back into Clarity with  MSP.  Baseline the plan in Clarity all is well.  Open the plan in MSP make some updates save it back and the Resource baseline usage is 0.  As this is not happening on all of our systems I think their might be an issue with the MSP Plug-in.  We are on 14.2 using the legacy drivers.

• 3.  Re: All baseline usage for team is at 0, tasks baseline usage are correct, and a report off the baseline shows the baseline for team members correctly. What could be going wrong?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 06, 2016 09:15 AM

It sounds like you are running into an issue that is currently under review as: CLRT-79581 - If a baseline is created in Microsoft Project (MSP) using the new MSP Interface driver, team Baseline Usage/Baseline Work is wiped out when saving back to PPM.  I'm working on publishing a KB on this and will post the link in this discussion once it's published. The only workaround so far is the one noted by Brandon which is to create the baseline in PPM.

Also, if you are using MSP2010, it is recommended to only create baselines in PPM due to a Microsoft Defect. See: http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1019129.aspx

• 4.  Re: All baseline usage for team is at 0, tasks baseline usage are correct, and a report off the baseline shows the baseline for team members correctly. What could be going wrong?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 07, 2016 10:18 AM

Here's the link to the KB on the issue it appears you are running into:

Baseline Usage is not saving back to PPM when baseline is created in MSP using New Driver - http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1503689.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1. If you have any questions or don't believe this is your issue, please let me know.