DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Extract and or create Management Module(MM) jar details

Posted Dec 01, 2015 11:47 PM

Hi Team

Is there a script that can extract all settings out of a MMs jar file so into a file. This would be handy to extract years of work into a spread sheet.

Likewise if a script could create the jar file from a list of values it would be handy. I haven't quite formulated exactly what I want or need to a discussion of the subject would be greatly appreciated.

Also creating a console view by scripts. I have this console view of a whole bunch of robots for applications monitors in a certain area and now they want them in alphabetical order.

At the moment I have a basic way of creating MMs. We have this standard jar file and we run find and replace so we have standard views for all applications per area.

Dave

-------

#!/bin/bash

#

APP1=$1

rm ./TEMPLATE/ManagementModule.xml

sed -e "s/5001/15001/g" ./ManagementModule.xml  > ./TEMPLATE/ManagementModule.xml

sed -i "s/XXXAPPXXX/$APP1/g" ./TEMPLATE/ManagementModule.xml

#

cd ./TEMPLATE/

jar -cvf ../Area-$1.jar *

cd ..

#

• 2.  Re: Extract and or create Management Module(MM) jar details
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 07:32 PM

Hi Dave,

I am not aware of an existing utility to easily import the MM xml file into for example Excel. I have tried myself to Import into Excel after exporting the required xsds from com.wily.introscope.em.xml_x.x.x.x.jar (com\wily\introscope\server\enterprise\entity\bundle) but hit this limitation:

Letting Excel create the schema itself gives a better result but still not easy to read

Until such utility is available just using a good XML Viewer might be the best option to get the best overview e.g. “XV — XML ViewerChrome extension

I would also like to suggest that you raise a new Community Idea for this functionality which should provoke some votes and more discussion .

There are already a few MM ideas logged e.g.

Management Module variables

Management module templates

Hope this is of some help

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Extract and or create Management Module(MM) jar details

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 08, 2016 08:16 AM

Dear Dave:

Please let us know if the answer provided is sufficient or you need further assistance

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: Extract and or create Management Module(MM) jar details

Posted Jan 12, 2016 07:37 AM

Yes it is helpful, I am following Management module templates as I believe it will help the most

Dave