Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

• 1.  Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 01, 2015 02:38 PM

Hi,

What is the rollover interval, slice period and  number of periods for system time slice costplandetail::cost::segment?

Can we create a custom time slice for cost?

Thanks,

Vidya

• 2.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2015 06:04 PM

What are you trying to accomplish?

You can create user-defined Time Slices to slice planned costs.

Go to Administration, Time Slices, click 'New' button and pick the type of data you want to select for your custom slice using standard calendar periods.

• 3.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 01, 2015 06:33 PM

You must have already looked at it and found that the data is not  there.

To me that  suggest that  the period in reality is the  period used in the plan and the number of periods is the  number of periods in the  plan and the slices do not  roll over as the plan does not  roll over either.

As costplandetail:cost:segment is not available as such or for  eg projects as an object neither directly nor  eg. for projects you cannot create  a custom slice  either.

What you can do is to create  a time varying attribute and manually copy the  values from the plan.

• 4.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 01, 2015 09:52 PM

Yes, as there is no roll over there is lot of data accumulated in the respective ODF_SSL_CST_DTL_COST table which slows down the performance of custom reports.

I would like to have a custom slice which would copy only the current year data from the plan to a separate table. How can I do that?

I am not clear on your suggestion for a time varying attribute and copy from plan. Can you please provide more details?

Thanks

• 5.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2015 12:23 PM

To create a user-defined slice for cost plan data, you can accomplish in using the following steps:

1. Go to Administration, Time Slices, click 'New' Button

2. Create the new definition and pick the appropriate Investment type and Planning data

Example: I have created a Monthly Slice for the total planned cost for projects ; there is also separate items for capital and operating which can be used as well.

PlannedCostSlice.JPG

Try this out and query the slice ID that is created and see if you get the data that you need for your reports.

• 6.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 03, 2015 01:24 AM

I guess that the reason for "segment" not being available is that, that slice will contain what ever the period is while for custom slice you have to define what the period is as Kathryn posts above.

As a user you know what the period is in your plan so you can select it for the custom slice.

No need to create a custom TSV attribute (which you do as you normally do for any Clarity object)

• 7.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 04, 2015 03:01 PM

I need the actual cost details posted from ppa_wip, not the planned costs. None of the custom timeslice show the actual cost which I require.

Can you also explain how to create a tsv?

Thanks,

Vidya

• 8.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2015 04:37 PM

If you want ppa_wip actuals, there is a nice portlet named 'Posted Transaction Review' which you can look at the query and and use that to leverage for making your own query.

• 9.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 05, 2015 12:42 AM

I am able to get the actuals using the timeslice table odf_ssl_cs_dtl_cst which is populated by  time slice costplandetail::cost::segment.

What I am asking - is there a way to have a custom time slice for the same data with user defined rollover? I am unable to get the same data with the  item options available when creating a custom timeslice.

• 10.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 05, 2015 04:36 PM

I think the answer in the above posts is no - you cannot have that.

What would be the benefit - if you do not mind me asking - of using the slices if you get the same data with a query to PPA_WIP with whatever time limits you want.

• 11.  Re: Configuration of system timeslice costplandetail::cost::segment

Posted Dec 06, 2015 04:25 AM

We have a custom job that xogs in transactions from ppa_wip to Forecast cost plan details.

The reports should display only the finally posted actuals from financial plan detail not from ppa_wip as there might be a differences in both if there are any xog related errors.