hao can i replicate ca service desk manager 14.1 from production to development ? is there a technical document?
Speaking about database you can use Database Backup and Database Restore.
About CA SDM, you need copy your own customization looking for site/mods folder Advanced Modifications - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation
This wiki document might be the best source for 14.1
Hope this helps
The procedure with SQL server database and windows environment is:
- Backup mdb production.
- Install the development environment. You can use the same SQL Server database that production, but in this case, change the name to database, for example 'mdbtest'.
- When the development environment will be working, stop the 'CA Service Manager' windows service in the development environment. Restore the database backup in the SQL Server with the name 'mdbtest'. Now, in the SQL Console management studio run:
- 'select * from dlgtsrv'. You need to change the fields values sym, nx_desc and server with the development name server.
- 'select * from usp_servers'. You need to change the field value 'del' with 'del=1' where 'local_host' field is equal to production server.
- Now, You Copy from your production environment the folder %NX_ROOT%\site to %NX_ROOT%\site in your development environment.
- Now run pdm_configure in development environment. In the configuration SQL database, select the 'mdbtest' database.
- You start the 'CA Service Manager' windows service.
The environment are replicate.
Retrieving data ...